They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Using saved edited clips to use in final project/

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 12.

Using saved edited clips to use in final project/

Postby robbie410 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:52 am

Hi, to enable me to combine work of small segments, to combine in one final project, I have been saving the pre file as MOV's using Publish and Share. I can then bring these saved MOV files into the making of a final project. It seems to work for me but reading a previous string I was wondering if there was another way to be able to save as .pre's and then bring these pre's back into a final project. Any other ways please?
Robbie
robbie410
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Using saved edited clips to use in final project/

Postby Peru » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:43 pm

You can't save as .pre files. Premiere Pro allows you to import timelines (called sequences) into other projects.
If you aren't experiencing noticeable loss, then stick with what works.
Peru

Postby Bob » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:17 pm

Peru is correct. Premiere Elements cannot import the project file ( the .pre file) of one project into another project. You're going about it the correct way.
Bob

Postby abby » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:37 pm

I recently discovered how to combine clips in a video using Clipmate. There's a 30-day free trial which I used to see if I could make it work--it worked so I bought it. Well worth the money IMO. I found out about it from atr935's blogspot post on May 23, 2013, which provides the steps to accomplish the copy and paste. His blog doesn't accept comments or I'd post there thanking him for this very helpful information.
HP P7-1026, AMD Phenom II X4 840T Processor 2.9 GHz, 16 GB RAM, Win 7 64-bit Home Premium, PSE12/PRE12, PSE14/PRE14
abby
New User
New User

Postby Bob » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:30 pm

Clipmate has been discussed here going back at least to 2009. Clipmate is certainly another way of copying material from one project to another. It can be tricky to set up and some earlier versions of Premiere Elements had issues of some things (e.g. transitions and audio) not being copied correctly. I don't know how well it works with the current version of Premiere Elements.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the method Robbie is using -- creating sub-projects and combining them into a master project. I would consider that a best practice when working with large or complex projects.
Bob

Return to PRE Version 12