They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Text in photos used in Instant Movies

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 12.

Re: Text in photos used in Instant Movies

Postby kenskopp » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:10 pm

Hello Steve and Chuck,

I have come to the conclusion that the sort option I would like Instant Movie to have as an option is the "photo name". It seems that "time/date" must use the sequence photos were taken in the metadata.
I have selected clips in timeline to make Instant Movie. When I attempted to select additional clips in timeline to make a second instant movie, the instant movies where combined into one. When I select clips in organizer and "Create - Instant movie" it enters PRE timeline. Then by doing the same sequence over with another set of photos I was able to create another instant movie in the timeline. Using this sequence I added 5 Instant movies to the project. I separated each Instant movie with a color mate clip and text created in the Project Asset Panel. I then added two separate groups of video clips. I surrounded all of these within a DVD Menu. I burned to a folder and then used Imgburn to burn a 1 hour and 54 minute DVD. I now understand the limitations PRE12 and the Instant Movie option. I sincerely apologize to both of you for any inconvenience of these posts.

Even when you place clips in the order you want on the timeline, Instant Movie still scrambles them somewhat. If you have any input to Adobe, I would hope you are able to point out these inconsistencies.
My suggestion would be to take the Slideshow option and just wrap the options of Instant Movie around the Slide Show. Then one would have the flexibility of the Slide Show to control the sequence of clips and the Instant Movie to provide additional flair to the slide show.

Thank you every much. THE END!!!!!!!!!
Intel Core i7-4770 (3.4GHz, 8MB Shared Cache), Windows 10, One 1TB internal SSD drive (C) and 1 3TB internal drive (E), 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT720, 16GB DDR3-1600MHz, 16GB mSATA SSD Cache, Two External Hard Drives: 3TB (K) and 1TB (H).
kenskopp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:15 pm

Glad we were able to help you discover the best solution, Ken.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:29 am

Here is an answer that I received recently, still hoping for a better way in the future...

If you want the order of the clips to be maintained (that is if you want them to appear in the order in which they were captured/created), you can set that in the "Personalize Movie" dialog of the Instant Movie workflow.

Just ensure that you are selecting "Use all clips" in the Duration section and selecting "Time/Date" in the Sequence section.

This should do the trick.

Note: If you dont have enough length clips and set the duration to a higher value, some clips may get repeated and the order may not be as expected.

I have not put this to the test yet but plan on doing that later this week.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:01 pm

When I asked "Is there any way to order the media other than created date/time? I don’t always want to order them that way and don’t want them randomly ordered by the application." I as given this answer...

Yes, you can do that. Place the clips in the desired order in Timeline.
Select them and Launch the Instant Movie creation
In the settings, choose the following options.

Duration>Use All Clips
Sequence>Time/Date

This should do the trick.

If anyone has a chance to try these before I do please let me know how it turns out :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Previous

Return to PRE Version 12