They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

fustrated - stills and video pixelated

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 12.

Re: fustrated - stills and video pixelated

Postby Chris B » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:19 pm

Just a quick suggestion. If you actually look at that screenshot (using Steve's example captured from VLC) the final background image is only about 330 pixels tall of the 480 available on a DVD. You could try reducing your original photo down to that size and making it look good in a photo application before importing it (using sharpeners or the like) - although with so few pixels you might struggle. You might want to consider cropping it in as severely as you dare. Steve's example has the bride's face at a mere 60 pixels - and her eyes at only 6. By comparison the number 6 here in my browser window is 12 pixels high.
Intel Core i7 8700 - 32GB DDR4 - 500GB Evo 970 SSD - 3+2 TB HDD - GTX 1080- MSI Z370 Pro - Win10 64 bit - Cannon HV30 (PAL) - Sony A6000 - GoPro 3 Black
Chris B

Postby k2np818 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:43 am

thx everyone for your responses, time investigating and suggestions....

I tried to create a single video with just that one picture and made it the background for the DVD main menu.
Same results. ...

I am going to
1) see if there are any updates for the software and if so down load them and try again....
2) if that does not work I am going to reinstall the software again and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks again to everyone.... I will post my results/findings...
k2np818

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:55 am

We'll be interested to hear your results, k2.

I can't imagine a software update or reinstall will make any difference, but we appreciate your keeping us apprised.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby k2np818 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:30 pm

well do not ask me how this happened ... documentation states it can't once it is set...
but one of my presets changed some how during the importing of one of my pictures....

repeated my steps three times to try and locate what actually changed the setting but no luck..
one time it actually changed the NTSC setting but I could NOT repeat it.

the "main menu" is not as clear as I like but it is better.

One thing I did notice was the DVD menu was down loaded from the internet.... it did not use the copy I had from my install of the new version.. .strange.... it downloaded from the internet as well when I tried another DVD menu....

Thanks Again for all your help... Ken
k2np818

Previous

Return to PRE Version 12