They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Cool trick 45; from PrE 11 book

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 12.

Cool trick 45; from PrE 11 book

Postby mikecox » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:05 am

I'm not getting the results I'm expecting. The animated line works perfected but while it is animated the image blurs.

The image is 2000 pixels on the long side. The only unusual thing about it is that it's 600 ppi. I was trying to see if doing that would allow me to zoom in without it blurring; it didn't. But I can't see why that would cause this behavior.

Michael :cool:
Pr Pro, Ps and Lr CC, Canon Cameras: 60D and 70D
WIN10 Pro, Surface Book,
i7-6600U CPU@2.6GHz 2.81, 16GB RAM,475 GB SSD, 211 Free
Intel HD Graphics 520, NVIDIA GeForce GPU
mikecox
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cooil trick 45; from PrE 11 book

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:25 am

I'm not quite sure what I'm looking at, Mike.

But as we've said, your ppi doesn't matter, re the graphic or image you're using in Premiere Elements. All that matters is that overall measurement, in pixels. And you say the longer side is 2000, so it's likely a 2000x1500 image.

When you say that that your image gets blurry during the animated crop, are you talking about the video you've output or do you mean as you preview the video on your timeline?

Remember that that preview you see in Premiere Elements is just that: a preview.

Try using Publish & share/Computer/AVCHD with the YouTube HD preset to output a test video. Do you see any issues with it?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby mikecox » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:23 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:I'm not quite sure what I'm looking at, Mike.
The are 3 screenshots. One when the clip is not running, one while the clip is running and one when the running clip has been stopped

But as we've said, your ppi doesn't matter, re the graphic or image you're using in Premiere Elements. All that matters is that overall measurement, in pixels. And you say the longer side is 2000, so it's likely a 2000x1500 image.

Yes, you did; but when I zoomed in the image got blurry, as would be expected, but I just thought I'd test the theory (-: I was just tying to figure out how I might be able to zoom in on this very long image without it turning blurry. Should I try going larger than 2000?

When you say that that your image gets blurry during the animated crop, are you talking about the video you've output or do you mean as you preview the video on your timeline?
Those clips are from the timeline

Remember that that preview you see in Premiere Elements is just that: a preview.
Ok, that's encouraging to know because I expected that to be true when running a clip in the monitor, but not when running it from the timeline.

Try using Publish & share/Computer/AVCHD with the YouTube HD preset to output a test video. Do you see any issues with it
Ok, I did that and got disturbing results. The animation that works perfectly on the timeline; except for the blur, doesn't work at all in either AVCHD or WMV.

I went back and ran the clip again; just to be sure, and it worked. Then I saved it as a WMV file and got the same results :eek:

WIN10 Pro, Surface Book,
mikecox
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:40 pm

How can it not work at all as an AVCHD? Are you saying the program wouldn't output it?

Again, don't save it as an M2T file. As I said, save it using the preset for YouTube HD. That will produce an MP4.

If you can post this MP4 to our gallery or to Vimeo or YouTube and then post a link to it to this forum, that would be very helpful as then I could see what you're describing.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby mikecox » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:34 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:How can it not work at all as an AVCHD?

That's what I'm wondering. I've done AVCHD output before and never a problem with the result.

Are you saying the program wouldn't output it?

The program output it but it didn't have any animation; the lines moved on the timeline in PrE but they don't appear in any of the output versions I tried; including with the preset you suggested.

If you can post this MP4 , that would be very helpful as then I could see what you're describing.

Here's a link to all the output formats I tried. As you can see, I've successfully output before; with Belly Dance

https://app.box.com/s/z5z0rcp4xgd4vwfe1wgn

What worries me is that I've done something really stupid and your find me out when you check these videos.
WIN10 Pro, Surface Book,
mikecox
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cool trick 45; from PrE 11 book

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:43 am

So are you saying that, in Publish & Share/computer/AVCHD, there is no YouTube HD preset?

If so, I would definitely ensure that I had the latest version of Quicktime and then I'd uninstall, run CCleaner and re-install Premiere Elements. Something has gone buggy.

I definitely need to see the problematic video you're describing.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby mikecox » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:48 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:So are you saying that, in Publish & Share/computer/AVCHD, there is no YouTube HD preset?

This came after I posted the video; and there was a YouTube HD preset, and I used it to output the video.

I definitely need to see the problematic video you're describing.
Were you not able to access the video I posted the link to?

Only last week my IT support service cleared by system of any malware or viruses; but maybe I need to re-install PrE.

I have copied the jpg files I used in this Trick and plan to try the trick in Power Director 12. I thought it would be a good test; to see now that program manages things. I'll let you know what I discover.
WIN10 Pro, Surface Book,
mikecox
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:56 pm

Well, I'm completed stumped, Mike. I didn't see any transition in the WMV, MP4 or M2T you posted.

But you say you are seeing the crop transition at work when you play your timeline?

Please let me know if you figure anything out as you experiment with PowerDirector 12.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby mikecox » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:24 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:Well, I'm completed stumped, Mike. I didn't see any transition in the WMV, MP4 or M2T you posted.
Hmmm :conf:
I posted a response to this earlier today; don't see it now.
But you say you are seeing the crop transition at work when you play your timeline?

Yes, it works perfectly on the timeline; except for the blur I told you about
Please let me know if you figure anything out as you experiment with PowerDirector 12.

I've been looking for something to test in PD12, this looks like a good candidate.

I also thought it couldn't hurt to re-install PrE12. I went to the Adobe sight and found my key; but found two, one labeled WIN and another labeled "MUL". They both have the same date; but a different #.

I've dl'd the program file but I'm wondering if I should uninstall the one I have installed, or just install the dl'd version over the top of the current one. I'm just not sure what serial number to use now; I'm assuming the WIN one; but what about the MUL one?
WIN10 Pro, Surface Book,
mikecox
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:01 pm

Aren't they the same number?

In fact, that's what I think MUL means. It's not a Windows or Mac serial number. It's a MULtiple operating system serial number.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby mikecox » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:50 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:Aren't they the same number?

No, they are totally different. I found the download email I got when I purchased v12, and there is only one key; on the website the key is listed, along with the MUL key; that wasn't included in the email I got.

In fact, that's what I think MUL means. It's not a Windows or Mac serial number. It's a MULtiple operating system serial number

Does that mean I use it if I put PrE on two computers? :conf:

btw I've tried that Trick using PD12 but can't figure out how to keyframe the crop that I created. I added the crop,and using freeform, dragged to top down to the start point. Then I clicked F2; modify, clicked the freeform key and tried to drag the top down to the bottom; but the sides came in at the same time. Maybe I missed a "constrain" option somewhere.
WIN10 Pro, Surface Book,
mikecox
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu May 01, 2014 7:08 am

Mike, can you e-mail me your .prel file for your project? Don't worry about the media files. I just need to see if I can duplicate what you're seeing on my machine.

Versions 11 and 12 keyframe exactly the same. So you should find everything in the same place.

If you go to your Adobe products page, you will see list of all of the products you've registered with Adobe and their serial numbers. (Be patient. It takes a minute or two to load.) You must be logged in with your Adobe ID of course to see it.
https://www.adobe.com/account/my-products-services.html

Across from each product listing it will indicate whether the product has been registered to a MAC, WIN or MUL machines (which means you have the product on both a Mac and a PC). If you toggle open the triangle to the left of any product you'll see the serial number you registered it with.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby mikecox » Thu May 01, 2014 11:10 am

Steve Grisetti wrote:Mike, can you e-mail me your .prel file for your project? Don't worry about the media files. I just need to see if I can duplicate what you're seeing on my machine.

Here's a link to my "Box", where you can dl the fine

https://app.box.com/s/z5z0rcp4xgd4vwfe1wgn

I have noted that while I don't see the red line it is clear the the animation is working, as evidenced by a white line I see moving up the left side of the image; as if one of the images is slightly larger that the other and the larger edge can be seen. It just occurred to me that the red line isn't wide enough; but I don't know why it was display on the timeline and not in the output file.

Versions 11 and 12 keyframe exactly the same. So you should find everything in the same place.

I was referring to PD12; PowerDirector 12; where I can't move the crop from the top down; it seems constrained, so the sides move in, even when it's set to freeform.

About PD12, it seems a little clunky to me; amateurish. Everything's so big and brash; not sure, at this point how it got such critical praise. But maybe that's because I haven't worked with it very much.

If you go to your Adobe products page, you will see list of all of the products you've registered with Adobe and their serial numbers. (Be patient. It takes a minute or two to load.) You must be logged in with your Adobe ID of course to see it.
Yes, I was able to log into my Adobe Products page; but was confused by the MUL listing.
which means you have the product on both a Mac and a PC
Thanks for clarifying that. I'm hot sure why, in some cases, the MUL file is included; I don't use a MAC at all

I've dl'd the akmai file and will install it later; after I hear back from you.
WIN10 Pro, Surface Book,
mikecox
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu May 01, 2014 1:18 pm

Well, Mike, I am now officially completely stumped.

I opened your project and swapped in my own JPEGs. Otherwise, I didn't change a thing.

It played perfectly on my timeline -- and it looked exactly the same on my WMV, MOV and AVCHD outputs.

So the good news is that it's not the program and it's not anything you're doing wrong. The bad news is that that makes it harder to fix.

Do you mind if I ask what program you're using to play back your outputs? Have you tried VLC Player? Just in case its the player and not the files that are buggy (and especially if that player is Windows Media Player).
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby mikecox » Fri May 02, 2014 11:51 am

Steve Grisetti wrote:

It played perfectly on my timeline -- and it looked exactly the same on my WMV, MOV and AVCHD outputs.

The question that comes to mind is; did you run the output files I linked to you here?

So the good news is that it's not the program and it's not anything you're doing wrong.

I don't know about that :conf: I just output that clip again, then ran it on my win8 laptop; and it behaved the same way as it does on my win7 desktop. Do you think there could be a glitch in the output engine?

The bad news is that that makes it harder to fix.
Maybe I should re-install PrE again, after all.

Do you mind if I ask what program you're using to play back your outputs?

WMP and I upgraded it this morning and got the same results; and, as I said above, it doesn't play on my laptop either

especially if that player is Windows Media Player
That's odd, since one of the outputs was a WMV file.
WIN10 Pro, Surface Book,
mikecox
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Next

Return to PRE Version 12