They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Floating active screen when playing back project

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 12.

Floating active screen when playing back project

Postby robbie410 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:29 am

Having completed a project, and burnt to DVD, when playing back the picture frame floats around the wide screen of the TV. I would expect there to be two vertical black bands, with the picture screen in between, but these to stay static.
On checking the preview in Pre12 after rendering I notice that it does the same there. (Had not really noticed it whilst working, although am sure it would have been there)
I have checked the capture settings, which were taken from the start up of the project, first frame. If I look at the Project Settings these are as follows:
General
QuickTime DV/PAL
Timebase 25.00 frames/second
Video Frame size 720 Hor 576 Vert
Pixel Aspect D1/DV PAL (1.0940)
Fields - Lower Field First
Display Format - 25fps Timecode
Title Safe Area 20% Hor 20% Vert
Action Safe Area 10% Hor 10% Vert
Audio Sample Rate 48000 Hz
Display Format - Audio Samples

Capture DV

Video Render
Preview Quicktime DV PAL
Cpmresser - DV25 PAL
x Optimize Stills

Is this something from original capture, via Bridge, or is it something with editing the project.
Guidance on where to correct would be appreciated
Robert
Editing using PRe 12 on Imac. Capture from video cam was to .mov
robbie410
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Floating active screen when playing back project

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:49 am

I'm assuming you're using a Bridge that connects via FireWire. Which one are you using, by the way?

Is it possible to post a link to your video -- or a sample of it -- on YouTube or Vimeo so we can see what's going on?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby robbie410 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:30 am

Steve thank you for your quick reply. Firstly I am really ashamed of the picture quality of the video project that I am working on. This is due to the orange effect which I have tried to diminish and the picture has become very grainy. (This is not happening with other video taken) Thus would be self conscious for you to see it. However for me to get a memory of a Wedding Annivesary it is special to me personally.
I am not too keen on U Tube and do not know much about Vimeo.
I have had another look at the PRe12 clips that I saved to .mov, first step before putting the whole project together, and although the screen is to standard size, you can see the floating happen. Would it be possible for me to take a small clip out of the project, save it to .mov, and send that to you. Alternatively I could burn a small part to DVD and copy the DVD to send by email. Maybe you would have other suggestions.
My Cam is HandyCam Vision - Sony -model TRV24E. Very old I know, but I have to use that to get the tapes onto PC. I used Bridge UBS 2.0 Video Capture VCAP810 by Climax Digital.
In the meantime I will try another small clip, better quality, that I also converted with this bridge, and see if by creating that with PRE12, then to DVD it is the same. That might point to the capture being the problem.
When I have done that I will contact again on this string
Robert
robbie410
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:56 pm

I don't know much about the VCAP810, but the specs I could find online tell me that it's a USB, not a FireWire device. And although it alleges to capture to standard DV, it could still be at the root of your problem.

When you are in Expert view, is there a yellow-orange line along the top of the timeline when you add one of these video clips to it?

Rather than output your video as an MOV, try using Publish & Share/Computer/AVCHD with the preset for YouTube SD. Then post it to our free Gallery page.
http://muvipix.com/cpg/

We'll be able to see it there and get a better idea of what's going on.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby robbie410 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:17 pm

Steve, you are right about it being a USB device as the Handycam does not have output for firewire. Also it was cheapish. I have made up a project of three very small clips for you to see. What I did notice was that the Project settings for the Floating 1 and 2 were different specifications to those listed already. The file is headed Floating Test 1 + 2+ 3
General
Editing Mode HD 1080 i
Frame size 1920 1080
Pixel - Square pixel (10)
Field - Upper field first
Display 30 fps
Capture
HDV frame
Video Reender
only MPEG
Compress - MPEG I frame

Don't know how I managed to have got different settings

I will send this video as mentioned and hopefully you might be able to throw some light on the query.
Thanks for helping
Robert
robbie410
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby robbie410 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:31 pm

Steve, created project AVCHD and ready to go. I have it on my desktop. Have open your site/ gallery. How do I get it onto Gallery?? Paste?? Or should I send from somewhere else to that web site.
Robert

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
robbie410
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Ron » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:36 pm

robbie410 wrote:How do I get it onto Gallery?? Paste?? Or should I send from somewhere else to that web site.

This should help - viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4813#p42591
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby robbie410 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:21 pm

Thanks Ron, I have tried to follow your instructions. Created Album, then pressed the upload wording, then added file from listing which appeared in first line of upload boxes, then pressed continue. The safari opened up but the address did not get blued out the whole way as should normally happen. In the gallery the headings are there but nothing in the file
What next please
Robert

robbie410
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Ron » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:30 pm

How large is the file, Robert?
Regards,
-Ron

Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:52 pm

If the file is too large, try Publish & Share/Computer/Device using the preset for iPhone/iPod High Quality.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby robbie410 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:55 pm

Hi the file size is 25.3 mb. Can divide it into two, or as you say Steve, try another format. It will have to be tomorrow now, as I am not able to concentrate enough now, time difference.
Robert
robbie410
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby robbie410 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:22 pm

My guess is that 25.3 mb is (25.3x1023)
Which is 25.882 kb. So that should be within the 60000.
Maybe I am doing something else wrong
Robert

robbie410
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Ron » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:57 pm

This is a long shot, but maybe try a different browser. I really don't see why that would make a difference, but you never know. You may want to look into YouTube or Vimeo as well. They specialize in video uploading and presentation. Admittedly, our Gallery is a bit antiquated, to say the least.
Regards,
-Ron

Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby robbie410 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:47 am

Hi Ron, I thought along the same lines last evening, but rather than browser it could be the server which does not like large uploads. I will try a few things not least splitting the tests, three linkedntogether as one project, into three individual uploads and also making it all a little shorter
Thanks
Robert
robbie410
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby robbie410 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:41 am

Success I think. I think that I had not been waiting long enough for the upload to happen. This because the upload speed is much slower than download. That said I have put them in my Album, and would explain as follow.
There are three projects uploaded in AVCHD preset YouTube SD Widescreen (Widescreen only available setting). The Names are the same Floating Trial (number 1,2 or 3) 100214 AVCHD. These files all originated from using a Bridge to transfer from Camera to PC - USB - no wire fire available.
File Floating Trial 3 100214 AVCHD, is the one that shows the floating picture in a widescreen TV. Black lines on either side of widescreen do not stay static. Files "1" and "2" are for comparison as these seem to not have the problem.
Please accept my apologies for such a poor quality on File "3". This was due to very poor quality video, which was taken in fluorescent lighting, orange effect, and which I have tried to correct. Don't worry about that I jay want record of the event on DVD and off tape. The other two example show much better quality.
Please do let me know if there is anything else you need now that I know how to upload. e.g. other settings
Regards
Robert
robbie410
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Next

Return to PRE Version 12