They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Correct format for importing from DVD?

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 12.

Correct format for importing from DVD?

Postby tbrochny » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:34 pm

In Adobe Premiere Element 12, what is the best/recommended way to import content from DVD's? My objective is to make minor edits, then outputting to mp4 or similar compressed format for viewing.

I do have Steve's new book on version 12, and I'm studying it, but I haven't found the answer just yet and there's a rush project at the doors!

Thanks in advance for the needed advice.
tbrochny
New User
New User

Re: Correct format for importing from DVD?

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:24 pm

As I show you in the book, the easiest and best way to get video from a DVD is to put the DVD in your computer's disc drive and then use Premiere Elements' Add Media/From PC DVD or DVD Camcorder to rip the video from the disc to your computer (it will simultaneously be added to your Premiere Elements project).

This, of course, will only work with non-commercial DVDs, since commercial DVDs have copy protection programmed into them.

As for the MP4 you plan to output, which Publish & Share option you select depends on how you're going to use the MP4. Do you plan to load it to YouTube or Vimeo? View it on an iPod or iPad? There's more than one way to output an MP4, and you'll want to make sure you select the template that is optimized for your particular use.

Welcome to Muvipix, by the way! And thanks for supporting the book and our site!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 12