They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Burn Disc Workaround

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 12.

Burn Disc Workaround

Postby dhargrove1218 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:47 am

In Steve's new v12 guidebook (great by the way), it is recommended to create an AVI file to replace the video clips in a copy of the original project before burning to a folder. It mentions the DVD markers in the copy should still be OK. But what about the audio? Do you leave it as is in original project or include it in the AVI file and also delete the audio in the copy? The creation pnel for the AVI has Export Video and Export Audio as separate checkboxes so you can do any combination (the default is both).
dhargrove1218
New User
New User

Re: Burn Disc Workaround

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:14 pm

What are your project spects, as listed under your Edit menu, dh? And what format and resolution of video are you using in your project?

There shouldn't be a need to output it as an AVI before burning it as a DVD. That's just a workaround if you're having trouble outputting a DVD (or DVD Burn to Folder) directly from your project.

Have you tried going directly to DVD files from your project? Version 12 does a very good job of going from format to format.

And thanks for the kind words about the book!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby dhargrove1218 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:38 pm

I am primarily trying to save time. The movie is standard definition but about 70 minutes long and I want to produce both a DVD and a WebDVD for the computer. I am not sure where the project specs under Edit are?
dhargrove1218
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:20 pm

The project settings are listed under Project Settings under the Edit menu, dh. ;)

I understand why you might think creating an AVI if your finished project might save you rendering time -- but it likely won't save you any significant time. Not if you're editing a standard definition project.

I'd just go ahead and output the WebDVD and the DVD files directly from your current project. The program should render your outputs fairly quickly (depending on your computer's specs).
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby dhargrove1218 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:53 pm

Thanks!
dhargrove1218
New User
New User

Postby videolady » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:00 pm

I have a standard practice of making a final AVI file and then burn that to a DVD. I started that a few years ago when I was having difficulty burning projects - they either failed or took forever to burn. So, saving as an AVI and then burning that solved my problems.

I currently work with version 11 but just bought version 12 since it was such a deal (with Photoshop) for $80 Cdn and will install soon. Are you saying that I am wasting time making the AVI and I could skip this step when burning final copies to DVD?
videolady
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:22 pm

Yes. Unless you have a problem doing it.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 12