They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Help! Need to access DVDate in Premier Elements 12

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 12.

Help! Need to access DVDate in Premier Elements 12

Postby Sheree » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:13 pm

I am a total idiot when doing this. I am using Premier Elements 12, trial version. I downloaded DVDate and it is in my download file on my Dell computer. However, I cannot seem to figure out how to access DVDate when in Premier Elements so that I can maintain the time/date no matter what I do.

My goal: Edit a MPG file, maintaining the date/time data that shows on my Sony HandyCam so that it also shows on the file in Premier, and then to a DVD. I need to show the actual time on the entire clip.

Can someone give me step-by-step instructions, please. Thank you in advance for your time!

Sheree Kerr :ha:
Sheree
New User
New User

Re: Help! Need to access DVDate in Premier Elements 12

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:21 pm

I'm not sure the DVDate is exactly what you need Sheree. If you only need to show the timecode on your video it might be easier to use the Timecode Generator
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3450

Otherwise, I don't think that DVDate is a plugin, you need to export your video in AVI format, open that in DVDate and then export a new video with the timecode included. then you would bring that video into your Premiere Elements project. At least that's the way that I understand it.

Maybe someone that uses DVDate on a regular basis can help :)

Welcome to Muvipix :meet:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: Help! Need to access DVDate in Premier Elements 12

Postby Bob » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:05 pm

It gets confusing. There are two DVDate programs, one is a standalone program which is the one Chuck is referring to, the other is a plugin. It sounds like you were looking for the plugin.

The plugin site only references Premiere Elements up to version 10. So, it's not clear whether the installer will work with version 12. You can try it and see.

Anyone here use the DVDate plugin???
Bob

Return to PRE Version 12