They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Import presets

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 12.

Import presets

Postby TreasMem » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:27 pm

Hi everyone!! I am new to premiere elements 12. I am trying to find more movie themes to add to the PRE12 collection until I can make my own - does anyone have any idea how to do this?
Problem 2 - I have downloaded the Motion path presents and cannot open them in PRE12. How do I get them to show up in the effects folder at the bottom. Thanks!!!!!
TreasMem
New User
New User

Re: Import presets

Postby TreasMem » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:33 pm

I do slideshows for friends & family :-) and have graduated from Win Movie Maker to the Pre Elements 12 to step it up some. Can I use the After Effects templates I am seeing online for this? Ugh! So many questions lol.
TreasMem
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:47 pm

Welcome to Muvipix, Treas!

As for "movie themes", can you be more specific?

By themes, do you mean InstantMovie themes? Or do you mean DVD/BluRay movie menu templates?

BTW, have you checked our free 8 part Basic Training tutorial series for Premiere Elements?
http://muvipix.com/products.php?searchp ... 2&btn.y=15

As for those motion paths -- I've not even tested them on the last couple of versions of Premiere Elements, so I don't know if they'll work or not. Prior to version 11, the program had a feature for importing in presets. It no longer does.

Does anyone know where the program stores its My Presets?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bob » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:02 pm

Can I use the After Effects templates I am seeing online for this?

No, those are for use in After Effects, which is an entirely different program. You can't use them directly in Premiere Elements.

Does anyone know where the program stores its My Presets?

I don't know about version 12, but previous versions did not store My Presets in a separate file. They were stored in the same file as the other effect presets. You wouldn't be able to do a simple copy operation.
Bob

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:04 pm

I wonder if we should pull those Motion presets then -- since current versions of the program no longer allow for them. (Or maybe Ron could label them as being applicable only to version 10 and previous.)
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby RJ Johnston » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:00 am

In Premiere Elements 11, some presets can be imported by copying them to the Effect Presets folder. The method might work the same in version 12. Presets that will probably fail are ones having to do with color adjustments or effects that have been broken out into the "Adjust" category.

They would have to be copied to the Effect Presets folder, such as:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 11\Plug-ins\en_US\Effect Presets

With that method I was able to import one of the Muvipix motion presets into Premiere Elements 11, and that worked. These presets show up under "My Presets."

Even if you can import them, they may not work correctly.
Dell XPS 8940 Intel 8-core 10th gen.-i7 10700K (3.8-5.1 GHz); 32GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM; 512 GB SSD; 2 TB 7200 HD; BDRE-drive; NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) RTX 2060 SUPER(TM) 8G8 GDDR6
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Bob » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:08 am

I forgot about that. Thank you, RJ.

When you add a preset that way, it's treated like a factory preset and you won't be able to delete it like those you create yourself -- if you want to get rid of it later you would need to delete the prfpset file that you added. The preset appears in the "My Presets" category because the xml data in the prfpset file specified that as the category name.

The contents of the prfpset file can change from one version to the next. There is no guarantee that you will always be able to load a preset created in an earlier version that way or that it will work correctly. At the very least, references to effects that are missing or changed will be a problem.
Bob

Postby TreasMem » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:21 pm

Wow!! Thanks everyone for getting back to me. Steve, Yes, I did mean more Instant Movie templates. Like I said, I do a slideshows for family & friends and am anxious to learn more, but have a few I need to do real soon. Thanks again for your help!! Yes I am watching all your training videos & THANK YOU for those too!!
TreasMem
New User
New User

Postby TreasMem » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:48 pm

I was able to copy some clip art & paste them in the "Clip Art" file of Prem Elements and once I opened the program again they showed up when I went to "Graphics" I just wasn't sure where to paste the Motion path files.
TreasMem
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:41 pm

Great that you were able to put those motion path presets to work!

I know of no place to download additional InstantMovie templates. As far as I know, the only InstantMovie themes are the ones included with the program. But they should be somewhat customizable -- you can replace the music, customize the titles, choose the level of intensity, etc.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Peru » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:40 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:
I know of no place to download additional InstantMovie templates. As far as I know, the only InstantMovie themes are the ones included with the program.

Sounds like a market opportunity for somebody with time and talent. :mrgreen:
Peru

Postby Bob » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:29 pm

I looked into what's required to write your own themes back in Premiere Elements 7 days. It's not trivial and the documentation is proprietary and not publicly available. A theme consists of two XML files (a theme file which describes the overall parameters, and an auto edit script), an optional custom transition plugin, and the theme audio, png overlay stills and video files (in HD, SD and SD widescreen in ntsc and pal formats), and swf animations. I doubt they hand coded the xml files, I suspect Adobe has an in-house theme development application that generates them.
Bob

Postby RJ Johnston » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:46 pm

Awhile back, I figured out how to create a theme that produced random transitions between any number of stills, and another theme that panned any number of stills in several motions, similar to what was done in Photoshop Elements. But when version 10 came out, I took a look at the themes and said forget it.
Dell XPS 8940 Intel 8-core 10th gen.-i7 10700K (3.8-5.1 GHz); 32GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM; 512 GB SSD; 2 TB 7200 HD; BDRE-drive; NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) RTX 2060 SUPER(TM) 8G8 GDDR6
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby TreasMem » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:01 am

I see that alot of other programs (i.e. ProShow) have premade themes available to buy. It does sound like it is a market that someone should get into for Prem Elements. I would love to but I am too new. Thanks for everyones help!! If anyone does come up with these movie themes I would love to know.
TreasMem
New User
New User

Postby shardik » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:43 am

This is user unfriendly. I've made many presets which i used in different movies i made only to discover that upon upgrading to a higher version there's no backward compatibility.
The only solution i see is to build a small project in the old PE with all the presets and than import this in PE12 and again name all your presets.
Thank you Adobe; please send your programmers to a customer responsive course
shardik
New User
New User

Return to PRE Version 12