They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Burning to DVD

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 12.

Burning to DVD

Postby a1director » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:43 pm

A video just finished being edited consists of the main"story line" on video 1. On video 2 there clips of art that go over video i. Each of these individual pieces of art were assembled with multiple cuts and transitions. One issue with my attempts to burn to DVD was solved. There were a few left over bits of video that were found an eliminated. This did not solve the problem of not being able to burn. The process gets me to 98% when I get an error message and can't continue. I tried saving to my desk top to create an MPEG file. I thought that was successful since I saw the file on my desk top. When I attempted to open it an error message popped up and Quick time couldn't play it. So now I'm back to square one. I keep going over the two time lines to try and discover any more anomalies. I did discover this. There is the green rendered over the complete time line. I noticed that over portions of the arts clips, the color is gray. Could this be the problem? Grey not orange. Does grey indicated something? What's interesting, on an art image made up of say 8 clips, one clip would be grey while the rest of the clips making-up the art work of are green. This is repeated for each of the art works on video two. All of my video was shot on one camera and captured from the same video cassette. I hope you can understand all this and help me solve my not being able to burn or save the video to my desk top.Thanks all.
a1director
New User
New User

Re: Burning to DVD

Postby Bob » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:51 pm

A green colored bar indicates that the clip has been rendered and a preview file exists -- it doesn't need rendering again to preview efficiently. A grey bar indicates that Premiere Elements doesn't think the clip needs to be rendered to preview efficiently -- no preview file will be created. Any other colored bar indicates that Premiere Elements may have problems previewing the clip -- it may play slowly or stutter, rendering will create a preview file which will improve preview playback. These colored bars only have to do with preview playback -- not export or sharing. It shouldn't have anything to do with your problem.
Bob

Re: Burning to DVD

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:19 pm

a1director, if this is a continuation of the conversation on your DVD issues that was started here:
viewtopic.php?f=103&t=15848

PLEASE don't start a new thread continuing the conversation!

It makes it very difficult for us to track the conversation and to know what has and has not already been done.

To keep this conversation from fraying, I'm LOCKING this thread. Please continue this conversation in your original post.

Please respond to the questions we've already posted in that thread.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 12