They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

The Muvipix Guides to Photo Elements/Premiere Elements 2021!

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 11.

The Muvipix Guides to Photo Elements/Premiere Elements 2021!

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:04 am

We're excited to announce the release of the 2021 versions of Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements as well as the release of our latest "Muvipix Guide to Adobe Premiere Elements 2021" and "Muvipix.com Guide to Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021".

The latest version of Premiere Elements includes:
* New Guided Edits to walk you through the process of creating cool video effects.
* A GPU-enhanced timeline that doesn't require rendering when working with a number of effects and transitions.
* A custom masking tool for applying an effect to only a selected object or person your video and following that selection around the video frame.
* A new library of royalty-free music tracks.

The latest version of Photoshop Elements includes:
* New Guided Edits to walk you through the process of creating cool photo and graphics projects.
* A new Face Tilt tool for adjusting a subject's face in three dimensions!
* A "moving photos" maker for creating photos with 3D-like motion.
* The ability to save your photo files and projects to the Creative Cloud.

To find out more about these new features, see demos of many of them and learn about our books, see our book promo page:
https://muvipix.com/pe2021.php

Thanks for supporting out books!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: The Muvipix Guides to Photo Elements/Premiere Elements 2

Postby sidd finch » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:57 pm

As always GREAT JOB Steve you have a knack for making things easier to understand.

No that Premiere Elements supports native HEVC editing, I am considering switching from PPro CS6 to Elements 2021. I cannot justify the monthly rental with Adobe Cloud and the $100 cost of Elements makes it an interesting choice. I am tempted to download the trial version and check it out.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:08 pm

I do recommend giving Premiere Elements a good test drive before you buy. Especially if you're depending on it to edit HEVC.

H.265 and HEVC video has some variations and, while most of it edits in Premiere Elements, it struggles with others.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:17 am

Thanks for the heads up.

I am mainly interested in editing GoPro footage shot in 4k 60fps. The handbrake converted files do not look as good and to have to convert all the footage can be time consuming. GoPro's web site calls out the format as H.265 so I will test to see if the program can handle that mode.

I really prefer to use PPro but that rental is an albatross around my neck..... lol

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:40 pm

I'm sure you're not the only one wondering, Sidd. If you decide to test drive it, please let us know your results.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby BrianR » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:48 pm

Hi Steve and everyone. One of the things that the remarkable Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS200, aka TZ200 can do is take videos in AVCHD, but right now I'm interested in the 4K format which it does at both 24 and 25p (p for progressive). And at 100 Mbps. There's also a whole range of FHD to HD in mp4 as well.
I realise there's no point in taking 4K if neither I nor my friends have the monitors or TV sets capable of playing that resolution, but from what I've read you get a much better resolution at 4K and so my question is as below.

Would that resolution still provide better videos after editing, if the final product can be reduced to 1920x1080? And is there a way to do this using Premiere Elements 21? Sorry if you've already dealt with this question in a tutorial, and if so, if you tell me, I'll go and look for it.

But apart from how it can be done, is it worth doing that? Sharper frames? Presumably one would load and add to timeline in full 4K, edit and then (if PremElements permits) reduce to the lower res for output? (As one does routinely with Photoshop stills for websites, emails etc)

Thanks again in advance
Best regards
Brian
iMac 27" Big Sur 3GHz 6-Core Intel i5 GPU AMD Radeon Pro 570X 4GB 16GB RAM; Laptop Windows 10 64-bit HDMI to 27" monitor Intel i5 16GB RAM only 128 GB SSD but I transfer all finished work to a Synology box DS213j (2 Seagate disks).
BrianR

Postby sidd finch » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:14 pm

But apart from how it can be done, is it worth doing that? Sharper frames? Presumably one would load and add to timeline in full 4K, edit and then (if PremElements permits) reduce to the lower res for output? (As one does routinely with Photoshop stills for websites, emails etc)

I record edit and output in 4k. I do the majority of my output to Vimeo and YouTube. I upload in 4k. From my perspective whoever is viewing will get the resolution that their machines can handle. e.g. if you viewing is only 1080pthen vimeo will output to 1080p. Likewise if you have a 4k enabled viewing system then you can watch in 4k. The biggest difference is the file sizes and adding a bit of time to output.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby sidd finch » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:15 pm

I record edit and output in 4k. I do the majority of my output to Vimeo and YouTube. I upload in 4k. From my perspective whoever is viewing will get the resolution that their machines can handle. e.g. if you viewing is only 1080pthen vimeo will output to 1080p. Likewise if you have a 4k enabled viewing system then you can watch in 4k. The biggest difference is the file sizes and adding a bit of time to output.

Also you might consider creating a new thread so that you get your questions answered properly. :)

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby BrianR » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:54 pm

Many thanks again, Sidd, that's very helpful to know. I also upload to Vimeo having taken out a subscription recently. I'm going to try it next time.
All best
Brian
iMac 27" Big Sur 3GHz 6-Core Intel i5 GPU AMD Radeon Pro 570X 4GB 16GB RAM; Laptop Windows 10 64-bit HDMI to 27" monitor Intel i5 16GB RAM only 128 GB SSD but I transfer all finished work to a Synology box DS213j (2 Seagate disks).
BrianR

Return to PRE Version 11