They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

vibrating video

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 11.

vibrating video

Postby joey » Sun May 01, 2016 8:46 am

Hi there, can anyone hep with my vibrating video?
I imported some .vob video, did some editing in version 11 (using windows 10 platform) and uploaded to youtube. The result, when viewing on youtube kind trembled a bit, whilst the original .vob file didn't, and neither did it whilst viewing it in my pre version 11 programme. I then saved it to .wmv on my computer, but the result was the same, vibrating. Has anyone come across this, or have any ideas on what is causing it and how to fix it? I have bought Steve's manual, but haven't spotted a solution.
joey
New User
New User

Re: vibrating video

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun May 01, 2016 2:07 pm

Can you post a link to the YouTube file so we can see it?

You may be talking about frame stutter -- but we'd have to see it to know for sure.

Also, what is the origin of your VOB file? Did you use Premiere Elements to rip it from a DVD? Is it a home-burned or a commercial DVD?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bob » Sun May 01, 2016 3:29 pm

Also, what are your project settings? Did you choose a project preset yourself? Or, did you drop it on the expert timeline and let PrE 11 set the project settings to match the clip? If you have a utility like GSpot or MediaInfo, what does it say about the vob file?
Bob

Postby joey » Mon May 02, 2016 7:33 am

Thank-you very much Steve and Bob for your replies.
I am trying to send the link to the uploaded video, but as a new user, this site is not allowing me to send one:
So if you prefix the usual youtube part of the address, here is the remainder:
/watch?v=G2xpf2EEAts - I hope this will get you there.

I edited the video on behalf of a friend, so I don't know the source, I am pretty sure it wasn't any kind of DVD. I think it would have been a live camera, and subsequently already been edited by another programme. I am seeking that information, but it may take a few days.

Regarding project settings, this is only my second use of PRE 11 and I didn't choose any setting myself. I can't remember whether I brought the pre-existing video in via the expert timeline or the quick view.

Looking at it now, the settings say: General = DV PAL and capture format says DV (by the way, I am in the UK and the pre-existing video was shot here too, which may affect the settings). I also rendered the video when I had finished it.

I don't have the utilities you mentioned, but will try and get them, and post back any more information I can find about the video.
Many thanks both of you.
joey
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon May 02, 2016 7:42 am

Hi, Joey.

I followed the link you posted above, but YouTube says the video is private so I couldn't see it.

To see the project settings, go under the program's Edit menu and select Project Settings. As Bob says, this is critical information in our troubleshooting your problems -- even if you didn't actually set these settings yourself. Please provide us all of the numbers and information on the General page.

.VOB video is almost always from a DVD, but we will need to know more about this file regardless.

As Bob said, you can get information about this file by opening it in Media Info, both of which are free downloads. We'll particularly need the resolution (plus if it is 16:9 or 4:3) and frame rate. If you go to the View menu in Media Info, you can set it to Tree view, which displays a lot of valuable information. You can post a screen capture of this information for us to see.
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby joey » Mon May 02, 2016 4:19 pm

Hi Steve,

I have re-uploaded the vibrating video to youtube, this time it is not private: .....

(needs the usual youtube prefix)

I have also sent 3 screenshots: 1 settings for the video project, as well as 2 & 3 the information on the original .vob file, provided by MediaInfo.

I am still awaiting further info from the owner of the original video, but hope I have otherwise provided everything you mentioned.

Thanks again for your help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Ron on Mon May 02, 2016 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Embedded video from YouTube
joey
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon May 02, 2016 7:51 pm

Thanks, Joey. That information and the video are very helpful.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to tell what's causing the shakiness. It's certainly not frame stutter, as I suspected it was. And everything else seems to be in order. Your video shows no unusual characteristics and your project settings match your video. So I'm just not sure what's going on.

Maybe another of our community members will recognize what's going on and will have a suggestion.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby RJ Johnston » Tue May 03, 2016 12:11 am

I don't know if this might be the problem, but when I right-click on the YouTube video on this page -- while it is playing -- and select "Info for Nerds" the information shows the video is 640x480@30. There may be a problem converting from 25fps to 30fps and from PAL resolution to NTSC resolution. The bottom scan lines from the upper and lower fields don't come out correctly.

Instead of using Premiere Elements' built in feature to render and upload your video to YouTube, DIY. That is, render it yourself using a export preset that allows you to specify PAL 25fps. After you have it rendered, go on to Youtube's website and use the upload feature on the web page to put your video on YouTube.

Another option to try is to right click on the video clip on the timeline and select Field Options - Always Deinterlace. I really have no idea what the actual result will be, but imaginatively it gets rid of the vibration.
Dell XPS 8940 Intel 8-core 10th gen.-i7 10700K (3.8-5.1 GHz); 32GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM; 512 GB SSD; 2 TB 7200 HD; BDRE-drive; NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) RTX 2060 SUPER(TM) 8G8 GDDR6
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Tue May 03, 2016 12:14 am

You could have hit the nail on the head there Robert. PAL is (as you say) 25fps and the insertion of the extra 5fps could well be the cause.
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby joey » Tue May 03, 2016 4:48 am

:-D Hello to all who have been helping.
Thanks for your suggestions. I tried what appeared the simplest first, to 'Always Deinterface' And this seems to have worked, it is now nice and steady! Thank-you so much for your kind and patient help. I've certainly learned more about the behind the scenes part of the programme in the last few days.
joey
New User
New User

Return to PRE Version 11