They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Highest Quality Setting not aavailable when burning dvds

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 11.

Highest Quality Setting not aavailable when burning dvds

Postby iop » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:07 pm

After rendering a dvd project which is 56 minutes long and attempting to burn, I get a "Insufficient disc space for burning" message when trying to burn the dvd at "Highest Quality Setting". I have burned several other projects that are at 1 hour ok at the "Highest Quality Level".

I noticed that when viewing the project, the CTI does not stop at the end of the data. If this is the cause for the above, how can I delete the blank spaces on the project time lines?
iop

Re: Highest Quality Setting not aavailable when burning dvds

Postby Peru » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:39 pm

Zoom in on the timeline to look for a stray clip.
Also make sure that the Work Ara Bar is over only what you wish to export.
Peru

Postby Dave McElderry » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:42 pm

There are at least a couple of ways to solve this. The gray area directly above the timeline is called the Work Area Bar. It normally covers the entire project, but you can drag the handles at each end to select only a particular part of your project to output. Sometimes during the normal editing process the WAB can end up extending past the end of your project, which is apparently what happened to you. First, zoom out so that the entire project, including all of the WAB, is visible. If you double-click in the WAB you should see it resize automatically to fit your project. If for some reason this doesn't work (which does happen in certain circumstances) you can also just click and drag the handle at the right end of the WAB back to the end of your project.

Edit: Peru makes a good point. Accidentally leaving a few frames out at the end by themselves will make the WAB think your project extends much farther than you intended. Look for and delete any stray frames (zoom in close to see them) and then resize the WAB as necessary.

WAB.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby iop » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:38 pm

As usual thanks for your prompt and workable replies, its really appreciated. I guess I had some clips out in "right field" put in when doing some editing on clips - when replacing existing clips. Wish there was a way in the program to just replace a clip in a project without all the deleting and moving involved when clips are added at end of existing clips. My double clicking did not work on the WOB but handles worked. Everything working fine on output now. Thanks again.
iop

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:40 pm

In Premiere Pro you can use "Replace Asset" and replace one clip with another, works very well :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 11