They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Sequense errors

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 11.

Sequense errors

Postby iop » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:32 am

When trying to add slide shows in video editor to video project from both Organizer and computer files I keep getting errors. These two errors so far have been ..\..\Sequence\Sequence\TRackitem Factory.cpp-127 and also 115cr\sequence\sequence.cpp-2101 .

The program then kicks me back to the Organizer screen. This occurs when I try to add those same files. The files in question are Jpeg files with music and are 187, 400 and 875 files.

I have searched for error messages on the internet and in Steves book Guide to premiere 11 but cannot find any info on this . Can you help?
iop

Re: Sequense errors

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:00 am

Those are pretty vague errors, so it could be any number of things.

But first, have you ensured that any photos you use in a slideshow are resized to no larger than 2000x1500 pixels in size (72 ppi)? Size could be a very big issue, especially since you are working with such a huge number of files! (Do you get the same error if you work with, say, 5 or 10 photos?)

Other possible issues could be an outdated or fragmented drive, a lack of system resources and RAM, a need to uninstall/reinstall the program, etc.

But start by trying to resize the photos -- and then experiment with smaller slideshows to make sure you've got the workflow straightened out. Once you've done that, you can try working with bulkier slideshows.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby iop » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:56 am

Yes, have all photos resized to the 100 x 750 or less. The slide show is ok in the organizer - shows fine etc. They are actually a time lapse sequence that I have at 1 second with 0 seconds transition time. Could the transitions (they show in the time line) be the problem?

I broke down the original 1140 photos into 3 groups because when I put them into the video editor because the program said that normally slide maximum is 500 (photos). It still went in ok but was kinda sluggish on opening and viewing.

Yes other smaller slide shows go into the video project ok.

Is there any error listings for PRE11 or do you feel the errors I listed are computer errors ? I have had some issues with the program lately as both Adobe and the computer shuts down occasionally. Its running w 8.1. About to go to w10 as I hate w 8.1. Are there any known issues yet with Adobe PRE11 and W10 ? or too early to say..... Sorry for so many questions ....thanks again for your expertise sharing
iop

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:31 am

It looks like you've posted the same question to two different threads, iop.

If that's the case, in order to avoid parallel conversations, I'm not going to continue the discussion on this thread. Please continue this discussion in your other thread.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:27 pm

There is actually more information in this topic so maybe we should keep this one going instead. I will delete the other thread and let's continue with this one for now :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby iop » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:17 pm

1. Existing project I am trying to add the files to is 41:13 in video editor.
2. In adding files from Organizer I select by right clicking to edit in video editor any one of my 3 time lapse slide shows (all 3 play fine with music in the organizer) to add to project from organizer.
3. I then see a screen with message box whose title located above the box reads: "PREMIERE ELEMENTS DEBUG EVENT". Inside the box it reads: first line - "PREMIERE ELEMENTS HAS ENCOUNTERED AN ERROR"
second line - [ ..\..\SRC\Sequence\TrackItemFactory.CPP-127 ]
third line reads "Continue"
4. I click on "Continue" and it takes me back to Organizer. The file I was attempting to add is outlined in blue (selected).
5. I click on the file and it goes back to Video Editor screen and I get a message box that reads ADD MEDIA with a line box that remains blank (no green line indicating file is loading) and a CANCEL choice. I wait until I get tired of waiting - 10-15 minutes and click cancel.

6. Note other files will select ok and are added to the project but the 3 time lapse files will not. All these files are jpg files (from a gopro camera) at 1 second and 0 time on transitions. I tried deleting all the transition icons but slide show would still not load into project.
iop

Postby Bob » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:54 pm

They are actually a time lapse sequence that I have at 1 second with 0 seconds transition time.

There is a better way to do time lapse sequences.

Premiere Elements can import a sequence of numbered still images and treat it the same as if it were a movie clip. That is, it will appear as a single entry in the project assets panel and on the timeline and you can trim it and apply effects exactly the same as a movie clip. The requirements are that all the still images have to be the same type and that the name of all the files have the same number of digits and contain a sequence number. For example: file0001.jpg, file0002.jpg,..,file3500.jpg.

Click on Add Media and choose Files and Folders, or, from the menu, File > Add Media from > Files and Folders. That will bring up the import dialog box. Navigate to the folder containing the numbered stills and select the first image in the sequence. From Files of Type, select numbered stills. Now click Open to import the sequence. The imported clip will appear in the project assets panel as media type video and will have the same frame rate as the project. You can use interpret footage to change the frame rate. It will have the name of the first image, I'd recommend renaming it to something else. You can now place it on the timeline and use it like any other video clip.
Bob

Postby iop » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:58 pm

Thanks - looks like a was trying to do something different - just play all the photos as a slide show. Will try what you wrote.
iop

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:25 pm

Excellent Bob :TU:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 11