They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

playback is sketchy

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 11.

playback is sketchy

Postby lindabillet » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:44 pm

Yeah, working on the SAME video. I have worked out most of the bugs I had by reading the muvipix book. Here are a few things I have figured out.

When I look at properties of my MTS files, they ARE actually AVCHD files and are 1920 x 1080 which is (I think) what was suggested.

All the photos I am using have been sized to be 1000 wide, there is one WAV file in the bottom. Audio from video has been removed.

I have done the housekeeping things for my computer that were suggested by the book and I think I am WAY OK as far as the size suggestions. There are a few things I am not sure of and can find out when my brother is in town, but I think I am OK even though I am on a laptop.

Here is the thing that is beyond me. Everything works well until I do a bunch of edits. Then it seems to skip a whole lot when I replay. I render LOTS and my entire line is green. What am I missing? Thanks in advance.
lindabillet
New User
New User

Re: playback is sketchy

Postby lindabillet » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:58 pm

BTW, my camera is a Sony DSC rx100

ASUST eK
Intel Core i7-2670QM CPU@2.2 GHz
RAM 8.00 GB
64 bit Operating System
lindabillet
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:31 am

>Yeah, working on the SAME video.

I'm not quite sure why you began this post this way, Linda. Is this a continuation of an earlier discussion?

From your description, anyway, it sounds like you're doing everything right.

I assume that, when you first put a clip on your timeline in Expert view, you don't see a yellow line along the top of the timeline above it? This is the best indicator that your project is set up for maximum efficiency.

You are also wisely rendering your timeline regularly and you've got adequate hardware.

How long is your project? That's the only other obvious factor. That and I'm assuming you're using Windows 7 or 8.1 as your operating system and that you've manually ensured you have all of the available Windows and Microsoft updates.

What is your antivirus program? Have you run a good scan by it or Malware Bytes to ensure that there's not some bug interrupting things?

If you open your Task Manager with no program open, how many processes does it show running?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby lindabillet » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:01 pm

Yeah, this is a continuation of a couple of discussions -all on the same video. I used to make videos with pinnacle and I thought it might be that I wasn't seeing something right.

I don't remember if there was a yellow line at the top when I started this project in NOVEMBER! I just now opened a new practice project and put the same clip in the beginning that I have in the beginning of the real project. There was no yellow line. I made it speed up to 10 x faster than real time (like in my actual project) and it was still fine.

The real project will be 4 or 5 min when finished and right now it is at about a minute. I am using windows 7 and everything is updated.

I use Microsoft Security Essentials and just ran a full scan after I read your letter. It found nothing.

If I close everything, my task manager has 121 processes running... with 0 CPU usage.

The video works about perfect until 38 seconds. then it stays on one picture for a long time and during that time it skips 10 or 20 pictures. It does that a few times and then gets to a part where it will just play about every 4th picture. I seriously thank you. I learned a lot from your book too!
lindabillet
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:11 pm

Thanks for the kind words about the book, Linda! It means a lot.

I'm still not sure what's going on. You really shouldn't be having these problems. Although I'm a little alarmed to find that you have 121 processes running in your Task Manager. It might be worth looking through them and seeing if you see anything that looks unnecessary.

If you'd like, you can also try running a program I use every week but some people do not like. It's a free program called Advanced System Care and you can get it here: http://www.iobit.com/advancedsystemcareper.html

It might be worth installing it, running it and rebooting to see if it cleans the gunk out of your system and tunes things up.

BTW, what is your Windows Experience Index? I assume it's pretty high.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby lindabillet » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:59 am

OK, here are more kind words about the book then... DUDE! Seriously! I FOUND IT. It was in your book. The beginning of chapter 32 talks about things in my computer. One of the things was a defrag. I didn't bother with that because my computer does one weekly on its own. Defrag just kept intuitively nagging at me so I looked and my C drive was NOT defragging. I ran that and whatever happened, or if it is a coincidence... everything is working perfectly now. I love this more than my old pinnacle actually!

My Windows Experience is 5.9. Everything listed is 7 or higher but one score of 5.9. I will recheck now that the defrag is done but I am going to ride the wave while my program is working. Thank you SO much. :yh:
lindabillet
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:07 am

That's wonderful news, Linda! I love it when the simple fixes work.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby lindabillet » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:15 pm

FINISHED! I can't even count how many times I referred to your book. I know it says that PE is intuitive but if one is used to another program, they get kind of stuck in that rut so they don't look at obvious things.

Anyway, It is not the greatest video editing you will ever see, that is not my thing. It is just fun for me and actually gets my work seen by people that would not see it otherwise. When I do residencies in schools, kids love videos.

if you have time. Thanks, thanks, thanks. I'd still be working on it if it weren't for you.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcODcB37sP8[/youtube]

Dave McElderry: Edited for YouTube link
lindabillet
New User
New User

Postby Dave McElderry » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:30 pm

That is sooo cool! I think you did an incredible job on the video, and the project itself was fascinating! It turned out so well. I'm envious of your talent but I know it comes with hard work. :TU:
BTW, loved the music, too!
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby lindabillet » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:58 pm

Thanks bunches, Dave! The music is the guy my son used to drum for when he played live at places. Your kind words mean a lot. Grateful to be a part of this forum.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
lindabillet
New User
New User

Postby momoffduty » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:18 pm

Awesome job Linda! ::CLAP: Loved watching your art come to life, very talented artist. :-D
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:32 am

::CLAP: :-D
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby lindabillet » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:41 am

Thanks, I think this PreE video is SO much clearer than my old videos. I greatly appreciate that you guys took the time to watch. :fg:
lindabillet
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:18 am

I agree, linda! Great job! Good looking video!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Peru » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:22 am

Nice. :tup:
That must have been a lot of work.
Peru

Next

Return to PRE Version 11