They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Camera Trap format not imported

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 11.

Camera Trap format not imported

Postby idefourny » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:16 am

Hello,
I just took Steve course on Premiere Elements 11, on Lynda com. Great, and thank yoiu!

I wonder if you could help me. I take many (many) clips of wildlife, and some come from a Bushnell Camera Trap. Unfortunately when I import them in Elements, it only gets the audio and not the video. My files are .AVI 640x480

I have read forums about codec or something, but do you have a step-by-step procedure to help convert files so they would be read in Elements? Instead I have to use Photostage to do a stupid video!! Not nice.

Another quick question, this is relating to the course on Lynda com. Very interesting about the keyframes, but I think I found the one effect that does not work... I wanted to start video using cartoner effect, then animate it back to normal movie. But there is no "chrono clock" when I select the special effect in adjustments. So I suppose it does not work. Any trick to do that? (cartoon turning into video).

Thanks!
Izzy
idefourny
New User
New User

Re: Camera Trap format not imported

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:15 pm

Glad you enjoyed the course, Izzy. And welcome to the Muvipix community!

I don't know anything about the Bushnell Camera Trap or the codec of video it produces, so you may need to do some research for us. Open one of the videos in the free program G Spot or MediaInfo and post to this thread the frame rate and audio and video codec it lists.
http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

Meantime, make sure that you have the latest version of Quicktime installed on your computer. You may also want to install any software the came with your camera. This can sometimes provide a codec Premiere Elements can work with.

You can set the keyframing for the Cartoonr effect in the Applied Effects once you've applied it to the clip. You should be able to keyframe animation from one effect setting for this effect to none as you would any effect. Just select the preset for Reset to None to create a keyframe where you remove the effect completely.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 11