They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

still struggling!

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 11.

still struggling!

Postby lindabillet » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:57 pm

I had said that I had to reboot each time I edited my movie. I resized the photos as suggested and it did work for a while. It is now doing the same thing.

I have about 30 seconds so far. This is about 12 seconds of an MTS playing at 10x speed at the start of the video, then about 300 or so photos. There is one wav file and two transitions. I am rendering a LOT.

What keeps happening is that It seems to go OK when I play it back but then it starts to just show about one in ten photos after I edit. So even parts that were playing fine will then start jerking, even the wave file does not play smooth. If I restart the program, it seems to replay fine.

I mean there are other weird things now too. It keeps leaving gaps. When I click on delete and CLOSE gap, it leaves one regardless. When I shorten a photo duration, it leaves a gap rather than moving all subsequent photos. When I highlight the gap and right click, it will say delete and close but it won't let me do that. I can drag a photo to close the gap but then if I shorten it, I have a new gap. :ha:

If the answer to these questions is in subscriber info, I will do it after I get back in December Thanks in advance.
lindabillet
New User
New User

Re: still struggling!

Postby Dave McElderry » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:19 pm

Linda, I went back to your original posts and I don't see anywhere that you've told us your system specs. Maybe that would be a good thing to know at this point.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:23 am

Additionally, have you ensured that your MTS file is the first clip on your timeline so that the program will set up your project to match the video's specs?

If your project is set up properly, you should NOT see a yellow line above your video clips in Expert View.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby momoffduty » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:27 pm

It sounds like a processing & memory issue. I had this same problem working with HD files on my old computer build in PrPro. What I did back then to help was clear the cache within the program, reboot often, close up the clip edit window (not the monitor timeline window), close up the timeline to show just the items of the clips and NOT the full preview in the timline with no tails of the clips showing. This was PrPro and I don't know what options you have in PrEl.

Post up your computer specs and the expert computer people here can give you a better diagnosis.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby lindabillet » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:29 pm

I am back. While I was away, I was asked to make another video... seriously! So I need to get myself in gear. Steve, if you read this, I just ordered your book from Amazon and I hope it has help for stop motion videos?

I DO have that MTS file as the very first thing in the video.

Here is a list of what I think was asked.
ASUSTeK
5.9 windows experience index
Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-2670 QM CPU @ 2.2 GHz 2.2 GHZ
RAM 8.00 GB
64-bit Operating System
No pen or touch input
Fingers crossed
lindabillet
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:25 pm

Thanks for ordering the book, Linda. Though there's not much about stop motion in it.

The key, though, is keeping your photos no larger than 2000x1500 pixels in size and rendering your timeline (press Enter) often.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby momoffduty » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:17 pm

lindabillet wrote:..... I hope it has help for stop motion videos?

I've done a little stop motion a long time ago in PrEl 3. I don't have a current version or the one you have PrEl 11, but glad to help with the set up or general questions.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby lindabillet » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:54 pm

My photos are the size you suggested in an earlier post. I think a lot of the problem is that when I got used to one program (pinnacle) then it makes me assume things. Momoffduty, THANKS! I get the book in a few days. I will get through that and I am sure that will eliminate a lot of stuff. In case I don't get back here for a while, I hope whatever you are celebrating this winter is wonderful.
lindabillet
New User
New User

Return to PRE Version 11