They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Is anyone ELSE frustrated with Adobe's help system ?

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 11.

Is anyone ELSE frustrated with Adobe's help system ?

Postby tjodork » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:11 am

I havent used PRE11 for a bit, loaded a file in and wanted to export a piece of a clip.... I thought I just has to select File then export but export is grey'd out...i have the workbar over a part of the video .....
so if anyone knows what I'm doing wrong could use some advice

but what I'm really frustrated with is the adobe help....i click help ...up pops something telling me to update Adobe Air...again....I decline...then I type in the search the word export....
what I get is a million things with the word export totally unrelated to PRE11 EVEN THOUGH I HAVE SELECTED SEARCH ADOBE PREMIERE ELEMENTS content ....there is things about Fireworks, InDesign, Flashbuilder,Adobe Media Encoder...and not a &%^^&* thing for PRE11.
Either I'm doing something wrong or this is completely useless....I could handle the microsoft model where there is local help and you can THEN search the web for additional stuff....but it just seems like Adobe is extremely lazy.
tjodork
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Is anyone ELSE frustrated with Adobe's help system ?

Postby Dave McElderry » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:51 am

In the past several versions Adobe incorporated the export into the Share menu. Not sure why it still shows up under the file menu, although grayed out, but it does. EDIT: Export still works for titles, which is why it's still available. Go to Publish+Share > Computer. Note that the list of file types is scrollable and not all of them are immediately visible. After selecting the desired file type you'll notice that along with the usual presets and save options Share Workarea Bar Only is still an option.

Yeah, I agree about the Adobe help. I've gotten to the point where I seldom even try to use it. Thanks goodness for Muvipix. :)
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby Peru » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:03 am

Dave McElderry wrote:
Yeah, I agree about the Adobe help. I've gotten to the point where I seldom even try to use it. Thanks goodness for Muvipix. :)

For all Adobe programs. :pull:
Peru

Postby Bob » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:03 pm

The online system is lousy. When I need to look at the help, I use a downloaded pdf of the product's help file. I have a pdf for each product I use.

Here are the ones for the CS6 products and here are the ones for Premiere Elements 11 through 7. To be complete, here are the locations for Premiere Elements 12, Photoshop Elements 12, and earlier versions.
Bob

Postby tjodork » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:39 pm

Bob,
as always you come up with the most amazing information....that info IS very helpful. Thanks again!
tjodork
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby momoffduty » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:52 pm

Thanks for the links Bob. I find the online help very frustrating. If I am in a hurry I just try to google effectively.

I get the message to update the Adobe Air every time too.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Return to PRE Version 11