They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

burning AVCHD and DVD

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 11.

burning AVCHD and DVD

Postby Berger100 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:54 pm

I am reading many posts about poor quality (poor rez) when burning dvd's.

I made a slideshow using photos and video (AVCHD). Its to be watched on a hi def tv using either a blu ray disk player or a regular dvd player. I want to be able to give this to friends who own either. I want to be able to give them a disc without knowing what kind of player they have at home and have the dvd look great. Just like when I rent a standard dvd, I can watch it on my hi def tv and it will play in my standard dvd player or my blu ray player and no matter which I use, it will not be blurry.

When I burned a AVCHD disk and played it using a blu ray player, it looked great. This will not play in a regular dvd player. When I burned the same slideshow as standard dvd, it looked bad like everyone else is complaining about. This issue did not happen when I used PE8.

Is there any way to make a slide show using PE11 that will look great, sharp photos and clear video that when I decide to burn it either as AVCHD or standard dvd will not look blurry whether played on a blu ray player or on a standard dvd player?
Can I burn one disk that will play both in a standard dvd player OR also in a blu ray player, but not burning a blu ray disc, but burning AVCHD to a regular dvd like I have been doing.

If I change my photos to 1000 x750 like I have seen suggested, will that look good burning both ways mentioned above or is that resolution only for dvd, not AVCHD? Am I going to have to make 2 diff slide shows to burn differently?
What about my video that came out blurry using standard def burning? Is there a way to lower that resolution? I know how to do it with pics, but not with video.

Why do people have difficulty with PE11 but did not have this issue with previous versions?

Thanks
Berger100
New User
New User

Re: burning AVCHD and DVD

Postby Bob » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:58 am

Can I burn one disk that will play both in a standard dvd player OR also in a blu ray player, but not burning a blu ray disc, but burning AVCHD to a regular dvd like I have been doing.

Yes, you can burn one disc that will play in a standard dvd player and in a Blu-ray player. That would be a DVD. Blu-ray discs and AVCHD discs cannot be played in a standard dvd player. Also, AVCHD discs can not be played on all Blu-ray players.

If I change my photos to 1000 x750 like I have seen suggested, will that look good burning both ways mentioned above or is that resolution only for dvd, not AVCHD?

1000x750 is suggested for Standard definition photos as would be used on a DVD. You would want larger images for high definition Blu-ray. You would also want larger images if your project preset is for high definition avchd even if your project is to be burned to a dvd.

How are you comparing the quality? Are you playing back the dvd on a dvd or Blu-ray player and watching on your tv or are you viewing full screen on your computer monitor. You should be viewing the results on the tv.

How are you setting up your project. Does your project preset match your avchd footage? Are you using Share to burn to a dvd?
Bob

Return to PRE Version 11