They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Rendering

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 11.

Rendering

Postby Bubby Grub » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:00 pm

Hi Guys,

I have just started my first project in PE11, and as this stage I would only be about 2 mins into it, and my problem is the
rendering. I render what I have done, save and exit the program, but each time I call the project up it requires rendering all over
again. Basically at this stage it has started with a time clock loop, then just a couple of backgrounds with a couple of pics, nothing
over special at this stage, once I finish a particular page set-up from PS that I want to incorporate, then there will be some HD MTS Video, having
to re render every time I go into the project is getting very frustrating. Can anyone help as to what may be the problem.
My computer that I am using at the moment is my second computer which is Intel Core i7 CPU 860 2.80 GHZ 8GB ram. I have found
that it is impossible to play the project without re-rending so any help is greatly appreciated, having to re-render to check what I have
done each time is very frustrating, especially as the project progresses, I figure more time will be spent re-rending then actually being
able to get on with the project at hand.
Thanks in advance for any help
Bubby Grub :pull:
When all else fails, Hug your Teddy.
Bubby Grub
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Rendering

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:17 am

I'm surprised to hear this, Bubby. This was a problem in version 9, I think, of the program, but it's since been corrected.

Where are you saving your project file to? It's not an external drive, is it? And you have your preferences set to save your Media Cache files to the default Same as Project, right? And are you on Windows 7 or Windows 8?

Try doing a Save As and saving your project to a new folder. Once you do this, the program should automatically create a Preview Files folder within this folder and it should save your renders there.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bubby Grub » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:34 pm

Hi Steve,
Going by your response I think my problem lies with the Media Cache Files. Not sure what
is going on, but yes I am running Win 7 64 bit, I have 3 HD which I always save my project to
the 3rd one, but when I check preferences, everything is saved to "Default - same as project,
except for the Media Cache, which is set to Custom - but showing the name of the project.
I created a new Folder different name, and checked the preferences everything was same as 'default'
I rendered, saved with new name, closed and upon re-entering needs rendering again, and the media
cache as switched back to Custom but showing the name I created. I am lost, have to go out now
but will play around a little more on my return, any help you can provide would be most appreciated.
Thanks again BG
PS, just checked a project I have on the go in 7 and my media cache file is set to the default and everything is ok there,
so the problem is with the media cache, but just how to fix it is my problem.
Bubby Grub
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby RJ Johnston » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:50 am

I'm sure it's the Photoshop files. Wherever there's a Photoshop image, you will have to render that part again. It doesn't matter if you use effects or not or if you have media of a different kind on the tracks above or below it. Also, if you use the stabilizer, you will have to render again the next time you load the project.
Dell XPS 8940 Intel 8-core 10th gen.-i7 10700K (3.8-5.1 GHz); 32GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM; 512 GB SSD; 2 TB 7200 HD; BDRE-drive; NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) RTX 2060 SUPER(TM) 8G8 GDDR6
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Bubby Grub » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:18 am

Hi RJ
Thank you so much, you are definitely correct, yes I noticed that if I just did a test run and used jpegs everything was fine,
but the moment a PSD came into it, rendering was required again, and yes the stabilizer was used. That was something I did
not even realize or think about. I have used 7 for so..........long and have used plenty of PSD's as a matter of fact pretty well
all my pics are PSD and I never had that problem, so consequently it never entered my mind. Thank you once again for mentioning
those facts, I was beginning to think I was loosing it. I must admit at this stage I am a little lost as to why especially when PSD's
are a part of Adobe so to speak.
Bubby Grub :)
Bubby Grub
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to PRE Version 11