They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Can I upload a 24fps video to the web and have it run smooth

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 11.

Can I upload a 24fps video to the web and have it run smooth

Postby mercurycoach » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:14 am

Hello,

Cross Country season is here and I've been using my Canon point and shoot (S100) to video some early season races. The camera does 1080 but in the 24fps format.

I then upload the race to both Facebook and YouTube, and the final product when viewed on the web is CHOPPY.

See here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIn7mKToj_o

Is there any solution to this or because it's native recording is 24fps will this always be the result?

I have a Canon Vixia M50 which records at 30fps and I can use it but the size factor of the S100 when running around the course is nice.

Thanks!
Running 64 bit Windows 7 on an HP Pavilion a6750f, 2.3 GHz AMD Phenom X4 9650, 8 gigs RAM and 1 TB hard drive. Coming soon - USB 3.0 card to accommodate a 3 TB Seagate external hard drive.
mercurycoach
New User
New User

Re: Can I upload a 24fps video to the web and have it run sm

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:21 am

So you're uploading the video directly from the camcorder, right? If so, this video may not be optimized for YouTube. Or the camcorder may come with its own editing software that allows you to optimize the video for YouTube or Facebook.

What model of camcorder is this point and shoot?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby mercurycoach » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:31 am

The point and shoot is a Canon S100.

I'm editing and combining the video clips in Permiere 11. Then saving the final product to my hard drive in the highest quality mp4 format I can. Then I choose that file to upload to Facebook and then YouTube.

I take the extra step of saving to my hard drive because I've lost too many hours of my life in trying to upload from Premiere directly to the internet only to have the upload fail in the end.
Running 64 bit Windows 7 on an HP Pavilion a6750f, 2.3 GHz AMD Phenom X4 9650, 8 gigs RAM and 1 TB hard drive. Coming soon - USB 3.0 card to accommodate a 3 TB Seagate external hard drive.
mercurycoach
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:33 am

Rather than saving it at the highest quality possible, I recommend you use Publish & Share/Computer/AVCHD with the preset for YouTube HD to output an MP4 of your finished movie. This format is optimized for YouTube and will give you the best possible results online.

Also, make sure that Premiere Elements is using the right project settings for your video. Go to the Edit menu and select Project Properties and ensure that your project is set up for 1920x1080 24p.

Premiere Elements usually sets up the project settings automatically, based on your video. But it sometimes has problems reading the specs on MOV files.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 11