They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Movie Evaluation

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 11.

Movie Evaluation

Postby wschumac » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:40 am

Does Muvipix provide any evaluation or assessment of movies that are made by your customers to improve the way they are made. I realize folks like Steve and Chuck and many others are far better than some of us, however, had you ever considered a process to evaluate movies or parts of one to determine a better way to use more of the Pre Ele software. Or possibly the community to look at lets say the start, middle or end of a movie so they can get an idea as to what it is about? Thinking out loud a little.

Thanks Walt
:ha:
wschumac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Movie Evaluation

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:06 pm

Please do share your movies with our community, Walt. One of the great things about this community is that we inspire as well as find inspiration in each other's works.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby wschumac » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:05 pm

Thanks for the insight, how do I submit them, how long should they be, format, etc?
wschumac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:29 pm

Most people post them to Vimeo or YouTube and then link to a post in the Showcase forum.
You can also upload to the Muvipix Gallery :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby momoffduty » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:58 am

Post up some video! We are all happy to give some feedback. Is there a specific area you want help with?
Is it shooting technique, editing cuts, transitions, coloring, titles?
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby wschumac » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:12 pm

thank you much
wschumac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:42 am

2-3 minutes is a good length of time.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby wschumac » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:12 pm

Actually, my movies are quite long, most of them fill up a DVD, spo I'd have to shorten them qutie bit. I am looking for techinque, do's, dont's, "different interest" than I am applying to them, a little more "interesting to watch". I'm the kind of guy that makes movies for older folks that enjoy watching "longer" movies epsecially if it is something I feel they would enjoy looking at. ( I guess I hate to waste the video/photos)

For example, my wife and I went ion a trip to Europe a couple of years ago and we sailed on a river ship down the Rhine and Mosel and this 16 day trip had everything to everything, and there was alot of footage of the villages, towns etc in Europe from Belgium to Swizterland and all the countries in between. As it turned out, I wound up making 2 DVD's nearly 80 minutes long for each. When I sent them out to the various employees of the ship line and the various travelers that wanted one, I got a lot of good reviews, they liked the length, music, etc and it had alot of video, photos, etc in it.

Here is the however part, I show it to someone younger and they are asleep in 5 minutes. Now I have made alot movies since, but they all tend to be long, probably the average one being 45-50 minutes. It sort of looks like a "story-board" movie, ie: title slide, photo, photo, photo, video, video, photos, etc, etc with music blended within it, and then I look at the few movies of a few others folks, and their movies content are"
1). selective photos, video, "generic" title slides, or jazzier ideas with the content and format of the data. 2). Shorter, 3). Right to the point

Now, as I mentioned, mine are much longer than Youtube and Vimeo size, best way to reduce them is? (for you get the idea of what I'm really doing, or just re-render 2-4 minutes of one I have already done? Or another idea someone might have as what I should provide, this being my first time doing this.

I also asked Steve G who is one ofthe best videpo guys out there if he's planning on doing an Intermediate or Advanced set of lessons of PE 11? Using his insight into the program would help people like me to "create" a different look to their movies, which is what I think I need.

Appreciate any help anyone can provide.

Thanks
wschumac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Peru » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:24 pm

Can you divide it into chapters to upload?
Peru

Postby wschumac » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:31 pm

I probably could, but some parts of the movie does not have "chapters".
wschumac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby momoffduty » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:50 pm

For internet viewing a 2 to 3 minute video is best. I can see creating a long DVD of your trip for yourself & for others that share that memory. But, for people who have no attachment then a 2 to 3 minute recap set to music is good.

For instance I made a slideshow for my nephew & wife of all their wedding photos. Broke that up in segments of 2 to 3 minutes to post for them on FB. And I didn't post all the segments.

To get some inspiration for short travel videos check out the Vimeo group "Travel the World".
https://vimeo.com/groups/worldtravel

If you want feedback on the one you have created, then use the work area bar to export just a short 2 or 3 minute section of your timeline.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Return to PRE Version 11