They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Video Converter to AVI

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 11.

Video Converter to AVI

Postby robbie410 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:05 am

Good morning, have changed from using Imac for a while onto Windows 7 on laptop. I am trying to convert mpg files to AVI as recommended in Photoshop Elements & Premiere Elements 11.
I have followed the recommendation, on page 398, to download the free converter from www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html. Not much luck just got a lot of other apps which I did not really want and have now deleted from my laptop.
I do have VideoStudio Pro X5 on my laptop, can I use this program to save, and thus convert, video to AVI so that I can use it on Premiere Elements 11? If so how? I have already tried but seem to only be able to save to previous versions of Videostudio.
Any ideas/
Robert
robbie410
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Video Converter to AVI

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:51 am

It's a bit tougher to find video convertors that are Mac compatible, Robert.

On the other hand, if this MPEG is from a camcorder or from a DVD, you may not need to. Version 11 of Premiere Elements does a very good job of digesting these formats as is! Just make sure it's the first clip on your timeline so that the program will match its project specs to it.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: Video Converter to AVI

Postby robbie410 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:53 am

Hi Steve, thanks for information about just using PE11 rather than converting to AVI first, on Windows 7, using PE11 for Windows. On my Mac I do have a converter which works well to convert to MOV. It was just that I have started to use Windows 7 on Laptop, and will now check how I managed to install project, created on PE11, to continue to work on it with Windows 7.
As promised will keep you informed
Robert
robbie410
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Return to PRE Version 11