They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

copy assets?

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 11.

copy assets?

Postby vbiber » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:05 pm

Thanks to Steve for a wonderful class on Lynda. :TU:
Being that I did not start out properly with organizing my recorded clips I now face this dilemma:
How can I copy a project asset out of one project and place in another? Is this possible? I appreciate your time and explanation.
Thanks
Val
vbiber
New User
New User

Re: copy assets?

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:28 pm

Thanks for the kind word about our Lynda course, Val. And welcome to Muvipix!

Probably the easiest way to copy the assets to a new project is simply to copy the project.

Do a Save As and save your project under a new name -- then delete whatever movie you've assembled on the timeline. Now your new project has all of the assets of your old.

Will that work for your situation?

If you're just trying to copy one or two media files from one project to another, it might be simplest just to use Add Media/From Files and Folders on the second project and browse to the media files on your hard drive.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby vbiber » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:06 pm

Hmmm, that's an interesting concept however I have clips in several projects that need to be repeated in another project. For example: There is a clip in my bloopers project that has an adorable dog licking its owner. I would like to use that part of the clip in the dog kisses project which has many dog kisses clips already in it.
My hard drive has all my filming labeled by date and not by, dog kisses etc. I have tried to right click, copy, paste the asset..but as you know that doesn't work. Maybe I need to pull out all the SD cards and start from scratch...OMG. This must be one of those times when you REALLY need to read the directions before you try to get something to work! If in the meantime you can think of a way for me to move those assets around, please feel free to contact me right away. Once everything is said and done I would enjoy sharing my accomplishment with you. It's quite funny and of course I hope it sells. (*o*) Thanks again Steve for all your help.
vbiber
New User
New User

Postby RJ Johnston » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:13 am

Val,

If you created the projects with PRE11, the Organizer will have each project listed under "Albums." After selecting a project in the Organizer, the thumbnails for the assets of the selected project will display. You will have to select the thumbnails, then send them to Premiere Elements with a "right-click" command. The downside is that the assets will be added to the end of the timeline, and you will need to delete them from the timeline if they don't belong there.

You can right-click in the Project Assets window in Premiere Elements, then select "Get Media From > Elements Organizer."

EDIT: You can also drag and drop the thumbnails from the Organizer to the Project Assets window in Premiere Elements without the assets being added to the timeline. In the Organizer I drag down to the PRE icon on the Windows Taskbar and hold --without releasing the mouse key - to wait for PRE to open up, and then drag up to the Project Asset window and release. That way I don't have to resize windows.
Dell XPS 8940 Intel 8-core 10th gen.-i7 10700K (3.8-5.1 GHz); 32GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM; 512 GB SSD; 2 TB 7200 HD; BDRE-drive; NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) RTX 2060 SUPER(TM) 8G8 GDDR6
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby vbiber » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:21 pm

Awesome. Thank you so very much. I found many lost clips as well. I've printed out your reply and will work more with the organizer. Val
vbiber
New User
New User

Postby videogeorge » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:34 am

I had a situation where I needed to copy clips from one project to another. I figured before I ask I would look around to see if someone had asked this in the past as it didn't seem too outlandish. Lo and behold the answer was 1 minute into my search on this thread. This is another reason I've been a member of Muvipix for several years. Thank you Steve, Chuck and others for sharing your knowledge and experiences to help us all become better.
videogeorge
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:12 am

And thanks to people like Robert Johnston, whose knowledge never ceases to amaze us all!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 11