They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Process for syncing 3 video clips shot from different angles

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 11.

Process for syncing 3 video clips shot from different angles

Postby mercurycoach » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:39 pm

I shot a scene with 3 different cameras from 3 different angles. I added each to the time line one on top of another. I deleted the audio clips from 2 of the 3 clips and left the audio from the main camera shot that I will use the most video from Video 1 on the timeline.

Is there a simple step, or series of steps, that will sync up the 2 other videos exactly with the audio in the main video?

And if so should I do that step before or after I do the video edits/cuts?

Thanks a bunch for any help!
Running 64 bit Windows 7 on an HP Pavilion a6750f, 2.3 GHz AMD Phenom X4 9650, 8 gigs RAM and 1 TB hard drive. Coming soon - USB 3.0 card to accommodate a 3 TB Seagate external hard drive.
mercurycoach
New User
New User

Re: Process for syncing 3 video clips shot from different an

Postby VernonRobinson » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:48 pm

You are in luck. Chuck just finished a series on how to do just that. [Set Commercial On]. I am not sure, but it may only be available to paid members. Check it out. If you are not a paid member, now you have even more reasons to become one. I have not watched the series yet. I will wait until I have version 11. However, the membership price has been kept very reasonable and the quality of support is great :exc: [Set Commercial Off]

I do not have Version 11 so I can not give you the full details to your question, but the video is there and others will come and help you soon. However, here is what I know that may help you with the more general questions.

You will want to synchronize your video before making your cuts/edits. Otherwise you will have to do the alignment later and that will be much more difficult. Since you likely did not use the Film Clapperboard, or have someone shout "Action", you will have to find a similar type of event to synchronize the movies. Hopefully, once you started to film, you kept all of them rolling continuously. Otherwise you will have to resync at every break.

There are a couple of apps that claim to help you sync your video, but most people just nudge the clip on the timeline until you have a suitable sync.

Regards,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby mercurycoach » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:05 am

Ok twist my arm, I'm in for the Premium.

Thanks.
Running 64 bit Windows 7 on an HP Pavilion a6750f, 2.3 GHz AMD Phenom X4 9650, 8 gigs RAM and 1 TB hard drive. Coming soon - USB 3.0 card to accommodate a 3 TB Seagate external hard drive.
mercurycoach
New User
New User

Postby Ron » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:38 am

Here are the tutorials that Vernon was talking about - http://muvipix.com/products.php?searchp ... 3&btn.y=15

Brand new this month!
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:01 am

One thing I would recommend is to keep the audio from all 3 clips until you get them synced.
After syncing the clips you can keep the best audio and delete the rest.
The tutorial is in two parts and there is a lot of time spent moving one of the clips 1 - 5 frames at a time getting them synced but the tutorial does sync 3 separate clips together on one timeline.
If you need any help just give us a shout :)
Thanks for supporting the site !!
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby VernonRobinson » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:36 pm

mercurycoach wrote:Ok twist my arm, I'm in for the Premium.

Thanks.

Thanks for the trust. You won't regret this decision.

-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to PRE Version 11