They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

The Muvipix Guide to Premiere Elements & Photo Elements 11

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 11.

The Muvipix Guide to Premiere Elements & Photo Elements 11

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:14 am

The latest versions of Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements have been released -- and, naturally, we've got our reviews and previews ready. This latest version is such a major overhaul of the program, in fact, that we've recreated our Basic Training tutorials!
http://Muvipix.com/pe11.php

The Muvipix.com Guide to Premiere Elements 11 is available now in both a color and black & white version.

The Muvipix.com Guide to Photoshop Elements & Premiere Elements 11 will be available in late October.

Congratulations to Richard Paul and Allie B, who each won a free copy of the book of his choice in our celebration drawing.

And thanks for supporting Muvipix.com!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: The Muvipix Guides to Premiere Elements & Photo Elements

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:15 am

What’s new in version 11?
Adobe has given the entire Elements suite a major overhaul in version 11. Premiere Elements, Photoshop Elements and the Elements Organizer all have completely redesigned interfaces — bright, uncluttered workspaces with easy-to-read text and tools tucked away until you need them.
But, in addition, Adobe has added some very nice new features:

In Premiere Elements:
- 64-bit support for Windows 7 and 8 as well as for Mac OSX.
- Automatic project set-up, based on the first clip you add to your timeline.
- Expanded support for video from portable devices, like iPads and smartphones, as well as new support for AVCHD 1080p.
- The old Sceneline has been replaced by Quick view, a full-featured timeline for quickly pulling together video projects.
- The Time Remapping effect, which allows you to suddenly shift your video into fast or slow-motion and then back again!
- A new Adjustments panel offers access to a number of tools for improving your video’s color and sweetening your audio.
- The old Properties panel has been replaced by a new, easier to use, easier to access Applied Effects panel.
- A library of FilmLooks that instantly make your videos look like a haunting horror film, a stylish film noir or a sunbleached summer memory.
- There’s no longer the need for a second installation to add additional content. The program now downloads additional content, including Movie Menu and InstantMovie templates, automatically as needed.

In Photoshop Elements:
- Completely redesigned Quick and Guided Edit workspaces.
- A new Quick Fix Preview tool for making intuitive color, lighting, temperature and exposure adjustments.
- An Actions panel, just like in Photoshop CS6.
- The Option Bar has been replaced by a more powerful, easier to use Tool Options Bin.
- Improved Camera RAW support.
- New Pen & Ink, Comic and Graphic Novel filters for making your photos look like cartoon and comic book artwork.
- A greatly advanced Refine Edge tool that makes even selecting around fine details like hair and fur almost automatic!

The Elements Organizer
- A redesigned interface that helps you sort your media files by date, place, event and even the people in them.
- A more powerful interface for locating your files and filtering your searches.
- An improved Media Analyzer that gathers more information more efficiently, and less intrusively, than ever.
- Tools for uploading your photos and videos directly to YouTube, Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, Flickr, Photoshop Showcase and Adobe Revel.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: Win a Muvipix Guide to Premiere Elements & Photo Element

Postby AllieB » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:23 am

This year I will be at home during the drawing. I am as always wondering how fast you created your books, Steve, chapeau!

Knowing the guides for PR09/10 I would be glad to be in the drawing at all.

Good luck and

greetings from Portugal.

AllieB
AllieB
Greetings from Portugal
AllieB

Location: Patroves, in the south of Portugal but born in the Netherlands

Postby Bill Hunt » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:27 am

As always, great work, and quick too!

I have no idea how you find the time to do the writing, and then time to offer support in two active forums - you ARE an "iron man."

Thanks,

Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby cincinedit » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:59 am

You previous books has saved my monitor many times from being broken. Looking forward to learning more about PRE 11
cincinedit

Postby RichardB » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:48 am

Steve,
You must live in some form of "Time Warp" that gives you more time to get more things accomplished than the rest of us humble humans...and what you do is of excellent quality. Wow! - R
Richard

Ironside Antec 300 w/Corsair TX650 PS, i7-2600K w/CM Hyper 212, Asus P8Z68 Deluxe Gen 3, 16GB Patriot DDR3 1600, EVGA 1GB Nvidia GTX 550 TI, WD Black 1TB (internal) HD, Win7 Home Premium 64 Bit, PSE 10, PRE 10
RichardB

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:28 am

You guys are too kind, wondering how I get so much done. But it's been thanks to your support that I can now do this kind of thing full time. So thank YOU!

And now that I've pretty much finished writing these two books, I can hopefully get back to actually making videos!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Gerlinde » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:31 am

Steve, I watched your new tutorials on PRE 11. Fantastic job as always! I'm sure your new guides will be equally good and informative.
This new release looks for once really like a NEW and worthwhile upgrade. I like so far what I have seen.
A) i7-3930K 3.2GHz (3.8GHz Turbo), 32GB DDR3-1600, SSD 256GB, 2x1TB+2x2TB Seagate Barracuda (72krpm), Geforce GTX 550 Ti (1GB), Win10 Pro 64-bit
B) Sony Vaio i7-3632QM,12gb DDR3-1333MHz, GeForce® GT 640M LE (2GB), 750GB (7200rpm), Win10 Pro64-bit
Gerlinde

Postby Peru » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:46 pm

It seems like there is a lot more that has changed in Pre El than Ph El.

I will need to buy a copy of Ph El soon, as I am replacing one of my computers that has an old version (3, I think) installed. I'll probably use the two new installations on my main machine and wife's laptop and deactivate v9 and put it on the "extra" machine.

I will probably wait until the boxed version is out, as I think it will probably be less expensive once the early adopters make their purchases.
Peru

Postby Kerrie » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:06 pm

Congrats on the new book Steve! Now I am confused on what to do...I was going to upgrade to 10 (which sounds like it was a pretty decent version) or go for 11! Decisions, decisions!
Kerrie

Dell Vostro Laptop; 2.2 GHz, core 2 duo, 2 gig ram, 2x160 gig 7200 rpm HDs
Kerrie
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby dennisbthomas » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:00 pm

Hi Steve,
I have all of your other books and I am looking forward to your PRE11.
Also thanks for all of your help when I have asked questions.
Thanks
Dennis
dennisbthomas
New User
New User

Postby geoman » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:15 pm

Looking forward to learn the new version 11.
geoman
New User
New User

Postby pch006 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:13 pm

I am certainly going to respond to this post. I have had a lot of help from Steve!
pch006
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby mercurycoach » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:21 pm

Count me in for the new book whether I win one or have to pay the freight.

I was debating an upgrade from 8 to 10 just a couple of days ago, and was pumped to discover that by uprading to 10 yesterday I will be upgrading to 11 in a few weeks on the house!

Can't beat that with a stick.
Running 64 bit Windows 7 on an HP Pavilion a6750f, 2.3 GHz AMD Phenom X4 9650, 8 gigs RAM and 1 TB hard drive. Coming soon - USB 3.0 card to accommodate a 3 TB Seagate external hard drive.
mercurycoach
New User
New User

Postby folfa » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:35 pm

Great!
--
Pawel Folfasinski
folfa
New User
New User

Next