They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Vegas MS HD ?

Other Video editors/authors that assist in video production.

Vegas MS HD ?

Postby hpharley90 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:04 pm

I'm trying to get a handle on the key framing in Vegas. I'm so used to the properties panel and ease of use in Premiere Elements for key framing.
When I video my kids outside in the back yard sometimes a jet will fly over or a loud motorcycle will drive close by and it makes for a loud noise in audio track.(track 2).
In Premiere Elements I would use key frames to lower volume in that part of clip. Then I would use another portion of the audio clip to go over the lowered volume (track 3) and you never hear the disruptive noise.

In Vegas I know how to lower audio where I need to with key frames. But as far as cutting and the copying another portion of an audio clip so that I can position on track 3 to hide disruptive noise I'm at a loss.
Can another Vegas user help me with this?

Am I making any sense?
Here is a screen shot of what I do in Premiere. This is not an actual but an example.
xample.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thanks
Richard

Dell XPS 8940-10th Gen i7-10700 processor (8-core,16M Cache. 2.9GHz)
48GB 3200MHz RAM Windows 10
hpharley90
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Vegas MS HD ?

Postby BobWard » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:32 pm

You might post this in the Sony VMS forum as well. http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/for ... ForumID=12

Also, once you are on the Sony site, go to Support/Training and select the "Working With Audio" tutorial. About 2/3 of the way into that tutorial, it gets into volume envelopes to reduce one sound track versus another, similar to what you are talking about.

I am a new user myself, so I am still on the lower ladders of the learning curve, but I have picked up a lot of good tips from that forum in the past week. Key Frames are next on my list to tackle.

Bob
BobWard

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:42 pm

We have quite a few Vegas users here, should be along to answer soon :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Paul LS » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:11 am

It is really the same as Premiere Elements. Select the clip and ungroup the audio and video, in Vegas Pro I would right click on the clip and select "Group, Remove From"... this ungroups the audio and video. Then select the audio clip, move the cursor to the reguired position and hit the "S" key to split the clip. Then do your second split. Right click the audio section you want to copy and select "Copy" and then move the cursor to where you want it pasted, click on the track you want to paste it onto and right click and select "Paste".
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby RJ Johnston » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:54 pm

You don't even need to cut clips. After ungrouping a clip, you can set the in/out loop region (I/O), then select the loop region (Shift+L or Shift+Q), and right-click the audio clip and copy it.

After setting the loop region, if you don't select it, you'll copy the entire audio clip.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby hpharley90 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:00 pm

Sorry for taking so long to get back. I'm too busy for my liking.

Thanks Paul and RJ.
I will try the I/O points first. I like that.

I have another issue that I will be posting.
Thanks
Richard

Dell XPS 8940-10th Gen i7-10700 processor (8-core,16M Cache. 2.9GHz)
48GB 3200MHz RAM Windows 10
hpharley90
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Video Editors