They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Nero's new video editor

Other Video editors/authors that assist in video production.

Nero's new video editor

Postby AVITRY » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:47 am

I was just emailed with this advertisement from Nero about their new editing program. I wonder if anyone has any feedback on it?

http://www.nero.com/enu/vision-xtra-ove ... f28245689c

The only thing I noticed was they seem to have put their timelines in the correct order instead of upside down like most all other editing programs. the overlay tracks are actually "over" the previous ones. LOL

This alone may prompt me to buy it, cause I can't stand that upside down thing. :)
ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 Gen/3 motherboard. Core i7 2600 and 16 gigs of ddr3. SSD Crucial boot drive, GTX750 Ti video card. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
AVITRY
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Nero's new video editor

Postby RJ Johnston » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:23 am

One problem I have with the new video editor in 10 is the video is blurry in the preview monitor. I feel like I need glasses. I compared this to Nero Vision in Nero 9, and it looks okay in 9. The need to fix it in Nero 10.

It's a little cumbersome editing in 10. I felt like I didn't have the fine control like in other NLE such as Premiere Elements. You have to change the mouse mode in order to split a clip and then change the mode again to trim.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby AVITRY » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:03 am

Thanks Robert ... :)
ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 Gen/3 motherboard. Core i7 2600 and 16 gigs of ddr3. SSD Crucial boot drive, GTX750 Ti video card. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
AVITRY
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Ken Jarstad » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:51 pm

Hi Joe!

I got Nero 10 when they sent me an upgrade offer. Like all new releases there are some glitches but the new video editor looks pretty good. I think I could do some decent, quick videos in it. I noticed the fuzzy editing screen, too, and remarked about it and some other problems on the Nero support forum. Nero 10 won't update for me yet. The video preview window displays crystal clear but I tried dropping a sharpening and then a severe blur on the video and the preview looked just the same!

I have used Nero Vision 10 or Xtra to import AVCHD .m2ts files from Vegas Movie Studio 9 Platinum. Nero Vision 5 in Nero 8 would not accept the .m2ts nor .mp4 files but this new version does. I use it to author high definition AVCHD disks on conventional media. This combination works very well and the video looks great. The only thing I do is adjust the AVCHD codec for Best quality and 2-pass VBR encoding. Since the .m2ts files are MPEG-4 Nero Vision uses Smart Render, too! Might be worth it if you can get an upgrade price.

http://muvipix.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=7618

-=Ken=-
-=Ken Jarstad=-
Linux Kubuntu 20.04, DIY ASRock MB, Ryzen 3 1200 CPU, 16 GB RAM, GT-710 GPU, 250 GB NVMe, edit primarily with Shotcut
Ken Jarstad
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby AVITRY » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:21 pm

Thanks Ken ... :)
AVITRY
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Ken Jarstad » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:12 am

Update news:

A couple of weeks ago Nero finally posted a major update and the blurry preview problem in the new Nero Xtra version 10 editor has been fixed.

As for me, I was using Nero Vision 10 for authoring HD video but now that the new Sony DVD Architect Studio version 5.0 has been released I seldom open any Nero 10 apps.
-=Ken Jarstad=-
Linux Kubuntu 20.04, DIY ASRock MB, Ryzen 3 1200 CPU, 16 GB RAM, GT-710 GPU, 250 GB NVMe, edit primarily with Shotcut
Ken Jarstad
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Video Editors