They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Magix Movie Edit Pro 16 Plus

Other Video editors/authors that assist in video production.

Re: Magix Movie Edit Pro 16 Plus

Postby RJ Johnston » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:51 am

I don't understand why you would want to convert HDV to AVCHD, unless you are trying to compress it even more to save space. According to indicators in MEP 16 Plus, you can fit about 19 minutes of HDV on a DVD-5. I guess that's not very much, is it?

I just finished downloading tons of extra content from Magix's web site. Now to install it all.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Paul LS » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:00 am

Ken wants to produce AVCHD discs to play on his Blu-ray player. The AVCHD disc format requires any media be transcoded to AVCHD H.264 on the disc.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby AVITRY » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:02 pm

I was hoping someone could hypnotize me so I could get used to the upside down timeline tracks. I must be wacky cause no one seems to be bothered by it. :dontknow: :tard: :tongue3:Guess it's all in how you look at it ... :happy8: :happy8: :happy8:
ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 Gen/3 motherboard. Core i7 2600 and 16 gigs of ddr3. SSD Crucial boot drive, GTX750 Ti video card. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
AVITRY
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby JohnnyO » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:30 pm

I was hoping someone could hypnotize me so I could get used to the upside down timeline tracks. I must be wacky cause no one seems to be bothered by it. Guess it's all in how you look at it ...

I turned my house upside down. My chair is on the ceiling, which is now the floor, and th timeline tracks look fine that way.
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Ken Jarstad » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:45 pm

I have given up on the older editor/authoring apps. Amongst others, I am using the trial of MEP 16+ since I want a hassle free test of the AVCHD disk burning. I am happy to say that 16+ does a good job. The AVCHD disks play a high definition project with few artifacts on a Sony BDP-BX2 into an Emerson 32" LCD. Even Nero 8 (Nero Vision 5) doesn't do anywhere as good a job.

Although I used several earlier versions of MEP I still find it hard to get used to. PRE2 was like an old, well fitting jacket, that was so comfortable, stable and predictable. Find me a one click fade to black on any other editor! Cyberlinks PowerDirector 8 doesn't even have a fade to black. You have to jury-rig your own!
-=Ken Jarstad=-
Linux Kubuntu 20.04, DIY ASRock MB, Ryzen 3 1200 CPU, 16 GB RAM, GT-710 GPU, 250 GB NVMe, edit primarily with Shotcut
Ken Jarstad
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby mngpao » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:25 pm

I purchased MEP15+ and downloaded MEP16+ trial version. I've been using them both quite a bit with some heavy duty editing (mostly video editing with some tiny audio editing) and other than the new color correction I haven't been able to detect any differences. Have I missed something?
mngpao
New User
New User

Postby Paul LS » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:33 pm

Hi mngpao, a warm welcome to Muvipix. As you say there were not too may new features... they are listed in the link below. However, they have reworked the DVD/Blu-ray/AVCHD menu creation in the program.

http://www.magix.com/uk/movie-edit-pro/plus/
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby JohnnyO » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:06 pm

Mngpao - welcome to MuviPix.

I have MEP 16+ and here are the new features I like

1. Secondary Color Correction - this works pretty well. I very quickly was able to have my son in color against a black and white background in the video.
2. Travel map Animation. This is available in the trial under edit->wizards. You can very quickly develop animated maps for your travel videos. You can even create your own vehicle in Photoshop. As long as it is a png it will work.
3. This is not advertised too well, but there are now over 60 collages available. In MEP15 and lower there were less than 10. These are all available in the trial. Take a look at them all. All you need to do is click them once in the media pool and you will see an animated demo in the display.
4. General audio effects are now key-frame-able. I don't think this was possible in MEP14.
5. I so like the new title editor. Although not sure if this adds any new features
6. The new photo-show wizard is pretty good. Not only can you now choose your theme, you can also add additional effects and transitions such as pans and zooms. It makes the wizard so much more usable in my opinion. As always, you can still use videos in the photo-show. This replaces old movie-show maker in MEP15.
7. The new menu interface sounds good although I have not played with it yet. Looks like you can do lots of stuff more than MEP15. However I do not think it is more powerful than Sony DVD Architect Stusio 4.5. However, it does produce HD media, and from hat I understand you can now burn AVCHD discs onto DVD media

There are many little improvements also. Such as if you own any ProDad plugins, they now show up as menu selection in the media pool.

One new improvement I like is very simple. When you exported a video iMEP15, there was a light blue bar that went across the bottom of the screen. This went over the esimated time that was in white. Unless you were at the right angle it was difficult to read the time estimate. They simply made the blue bar a darker shade of blue. Simple but effective.
You can also add tracks now with a click. On the bottom left corner there is an add track button.
You can also zoom in on a clip to see effects graphically and make adjustments as needed. The zoom feature is 1 click to zoom, 1 click to un-zoom.

Overall I am very happy with MEP16 Plus. It comes with, at least for now, Magix PC check and tuning. I installed this and I'll tell ya that my computer has never booted faster.

They also have some soundpools on sale for half price. I own the 2 Photo and Video soundpools, as well as the Holiday Pack. I rally like them.
The Holiday pack adds animated objects, additional cool title effects, addition intros and outros, music, loops, ets. It is a pretty good buy at $20.00
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Long John » Wed May 05, 2010 1:05 am

I think the reason Magix starts with edit track 1 as the base video is that it's a multi track editor with VARIABLE numbers of tracks...could be 16, 32, 99, etc, and it's better to start at the top of the screen and work DOWN into an empty (or undefined) space than to work from the bottom of the screen and work UP, as active track sare added...Once I figured out the stacking & overlay priority, I adjusted OK...

I do LIKE Magix video edit pro, BUT I also have a few complaints:

1)...upgrading my v15 caused MANY Windows XP system files to be deleted, including some of my Roxio files...VERY BAD for software to do this.

2)...NO STOP OR CANCEL BUTTON available once you start rendering a file in EXPORT MODE

3)...the screen button layouts in the BURN function are few and weak, as in rather limited and downright LAME...this is why I use Magix to EDIT, and Roxio to BURN...the screen menu layouts & templates in the BURN section are NOT intuitive, are clunky and cumbersome...what are these program engineers thinking (or not)...???

4)...every now and then I find a menu selections written in German, which I don't speak...this indicates very weak Software testing & QA

5)...more advance notice and better prices for NEW versions being released to registered users...I hate buying a version only to have a NEW version come out 2 weeks later...

6)...more and better video transistion FX, and better FX "rubber band" fx controls...Magix is WAY behind the competition on this...

7)...Having to close the program often and reload due to Magix error msgs...for me this is about every 4th to 6th export rendering...perhaps poor RAM management...???

I also prefer buying the box version...to much can go wrong (and has) with the E versions in general...I have a viable remedy to reinstall IF the bix & disk version are in my hand...
Long John
New User
New User

Postby RJ Johnston » Wed May 05, 2010 1:57 am

Regarding item 2, no stop or cancel button, you can press the ESC key.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby JohnnyO » Wed May 05, 2010 7:24 am

I think the reason Magix starts with edit track 1 as the base video is that it's a multi track editor with VARIABLE numbers of tracks...could be 16, 32, 99, etc, and it's better to start at the top of the screen and work DOWN into an empty (or undefined) space than to work from the bottom of the screen and work UP, as active track sare added...Once I figured out the stacking & overlay priority, I adjusted OK...

See my answers in RED.

I do LIKE Magix video edit pro, BUT I also have a few complaints:

1)...upgrading my v15 caused MANY Windows XP system files to be deleted, including some of my Roxio files...VERY BAD for software to do this. I have not had any problems installing new versions of MEP on any system It has never deleted any system files. I cannot comment on the Roxio files. I also have nebver seen ths complaint onthe MAGIX MEP forums.

2)...NO STOP OR CANCEL BUTTON available once you start rendering a file in EXPORT MODE. As Robert says just press the ESC key.

3)...the screen button layouts in the BURN function are few and weak, as in rather limited and downright LAME...this is why I use Magix to EDIT, and Roxio to BURN...the screen menu layouts & templates in the BURN section are NOT intuitive, are clunky and cumbersome...what are these program engineers thinking (or not)...??? My opinion is thet the Authoring section of this program is pretty good. But I am comparing it to Premiere Elements. You can have pre-menu videos, the menu backgrounds can loop. You have some temoates that will automatically use clips in the video to create the menu background. You can create your own buttons with customized actions. It also has HD options such as burning to blue Ray and AVCHD disk. I still use Sony DVD Architect Studio to author my DVDs as it is still more powerful. But MEP 16 has caught u a lot. MEP Authoring is much more powerful than Premiere Elements. I had Roxio on my system a few years ago and I remember thatthe authoring section was pretty good. Overall I would not install Roxio on my sustem. It isbloatware which takes over my computer and its performance was very poor.

4)...every now and then I find a menu selections written in German, which I don't speak...this indicates very weak Software testing & QA - I have only seen this in the ambient synthizer. The rest of the menus on my system are all in English.

5)...more advance notice and better prices for NEW versions being released to registered users...I hate buying a version only to have a NEW version come out 2 weeks later... Registered users get advanced notice? I sure didn't. This is a problem for all software vendors. Just remember that the video eding programs are usually releases once a year. MEP alway releases in March/April. PRE in Octoberish.

6)...more and better video transistion FX, and better FX "rubber band" fx controls...Magix is WAY behind the competition on this... Wow. Compared to Premiere Elements, MEP blows it away.There are tons of Fades and some of them are really creative. Take a look at thr 3D morph ones. You have standard fades, patterns, wipes, etc. I am very pleases with the quantity and creativeness of the fades. maybe you purchased the download version?? If so you need to download the extra content and install it. The link is available inthe help menu. many of the Fades are customizable. Righth click and select properties. Not all of them are. The presetr effects are ususally customizable in the video effext area under the keyframing. Similar to PRE.

7)...Having to close the program often and reload due to Magix error msgs...for me this is about every 4th to 6th export rendering...perhaps poor RAM management...??? MEP16 Plus HD has been extremely stable on my system. But I keep my system very clean. I have never once had a crash. My system is old. Pentium 4 with HT, 2.8 GHZ, 4GB memory. I have a 1TB hard drive. I always keep my video drivers and sound drivers up to date. i also do not install bloatware.

I also prefer buying the box version...to much can go wrong (and has) with the E versions in general...I have a viable remedy to reinstall IF the bix & disk version are in my hand... I agree. Did you come to this conclusion after you bought the downlaod version? Or did you buy the boxed version of MEP16? I ask because of your comment on the Fades.
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby jake_sperrow » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:02 pm

Hey people. I am new to the software and editing in general. One thing I am having trtouble with is, when I show multiple objects (pics and vids) I have an issue with the sizing. When I am in the preview window everything looks great, but when I export to another format, there are big and uneven gaps between the elements.

I am not using the collage function, just doing this by overlaying and resizing manually in the effects option.

Anybody see somethig like this???
jake_sperrow
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:16 pm

Hi, Jake. Welcome to Muvipix.com!

But can I recommend that you start your own thread rather than tagging on to the end of this long, unrelated one?

Your post is much more likely to get noticed, and it will be much easier for us to help you out.

It also might help if you mentioned what program you're editing with!

Steve
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby jake_sperrow » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:59 pm

Sorry, yes I will start my own thread. I just figured this one would be good, because I am using Magix Movie Edit Pro 16, though I think it is the regular version not the plus.

I just assumed my issue was something simple that I overlooked, not really worthy of it own thread.
jake_sperrow
New User
New User

Previous

Return to Video Editors