They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

How to do RANDOM LETTERS Titles in Vegas Pro8 ?

Other Video editors/authors that assist in video production.

How to do RANDOM LETTERS Titles in Vegas Pro8 ?

Postby ryan_khoo » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:20 pm

I am trying to do this RANDOM LETTERS title effect in Vegas:

http://geethree.com/slick/index.html

Any idea how I can do it ?

Thanks
ryan_khoo
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: How to do RANDOM LETTERS Titles in Vegas Pro8 ?

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:55 pm

Which one has the Random Letters Ryan?
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby ryan_khoo » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:16 pm

Chuck Engels wrote:Which one has the Random Letters Ryan?

Sorry for the poor link.

It is in Volume 5 (I mean click Slick 5),

then on the left panel, click Slick 5 Title Gallery.

Then on the 3rd column from the left, the Random Letters is the 4th Title from the top.

I think this website also use the Random Letters Title effects something like n the movie Matrix:
http://www.kpe.sg/

Any ideas

Thanks
ryan_khoo
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:01 pm

I don't know if there is a way to do that in Vegas without a plugin.
My guess is that Heroglyph would be able to do it, not sure though.
http://www.prodad.de/gb/heroglyph_std_details.html
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Paul LS » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:55 pm

As Chuck says you would need to purchase a plugin to create the effect. Like Boris Red or Graffiti, there is a Sony tuturial here that uses the plugins:
http://borisfx.com/tutorials/textgen.php
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:09 am

If only a small number of letters was involved you could do it the hard way using multiple tracks. :???:
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby ryan_khoo » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:29 am

Paul LS wrote:As Chuck says you would need to purchase a plugin to create the effect. Like Boris Red or Graffiti, there is a Sony tuturial here that uses the plugins:

Thanks Paul for the link.

But even though they offer a special price of $795 (usual $995), I do not think I can afford to purchase it.

Do you think Adobe Elements or Adobe Premier Pro can do it with their standard Text effects ?

Thanks
ryan_khoo
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Paul LS » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:43 am

You would need a plugin to do this automatically in whatever video editor you used. It can be done manually as John says but it would be laborious.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby ryan_khoo » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:09 pm

Paul LS wrote:You would need a plugin to do this automatically in whatever video editor you used. It can be done manually as John says but it would be laborious.

Yes Paul, I agree with you.

The Boris Red is great but the reason it is expensive is because it can do a lot more effects which I may not require.

I was wondering if there is a cheaper plugin to do just the Random Letters, perhaps with this single effect, the cost will be cheaper. I hope you can understand my situation where $795 is too expensive for me.

Thanks & Cheers.
ryan_khoo
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby ryan_khoo » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:26 am

Paul LS wrote:As Chuck says you would need to purchase a plugin to create the effect. Like Boris Red or Graffiti, there is a Sony tuturial here that uses the plugins:

Hi Paul,

I just realized the $799 is for Boris Red and $199 is for Grafitti. Am I correct in saying that if I want to do the Random Text Titles, all I need is the Grafitti ?

I am a little puzzled. When I clicked "download trial version, it just prompt me whether I want Grafitti for Windows or Macs) but when do purchasing, it specially ask you you want grafitti for Vegas or Adobe or etc ... So if download the trial version, how do you know whether it is for Vegas or Adobe ?

Thanks
ryan_khoo
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Paul LS » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:14 am

Hi Ryan, Not sure about Boris Graffiti. I have not used it, I saw the tutorial on randonm text but that is about all. Best idea is to download the trial and give it a go. Perhaps it works in both programs.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby ryan_khoo » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:27 am

Paul LS wrote:Hi Ryan, Not sure about Boris Graffiti. I have not used it, I saw the tutorial on randonm text but that is about all. Best idea is to download the trial and give it a go. Perhaps it works in both programs.

Hi Paul,

I have downloaded the trial version. When you installed, the prgram will prompt you to select whether you are on Vegas, Adobe, Avid ... etc.

Now I understand why this Grafitti are expensive. They are so powerful and not simply a plugin. It is like a program itself. I find it very intimidating & complex.

All I want was just:

Step 1: Type a text
Step 2: Choose Random Letters.

But how come in the Apple Mac system, the company Geethree can do the Random Letters with just a simple pluggin where as in Vegas, no one can do so in such simple steps ? The Grafitti screen in the link you provided is quite different to the trial version that I downloaded. Why established company company like Pixelan did not so a plugin for this Random Letters ?

But this program can even generate 3D shapes ... etc. I think learning it is quite tough. Doing the random letters in grafitti must be tough. I will try as the trial version is valid for 14 days.

Thanks
ryan_khoo
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby ryan_khoo » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:28 pm

I find this Grafitti plugins is very powerful but it is complicated and intimidating for me.

I just need a pluggin that can do the Random Titles with just "clicking Random Titles" and then "Typing the Text " without much hazzle of so many options and settings.
ryan_khoo
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Return to Video Editors