They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Shaking of Video

Other Video editors/authors that assist in video production.

Shaking of Video

Postby ddutta » Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:34 pm

My friend took a 48 mins long video of my son's wedding by a Sony camcorder. Unfortunately
it shakes a lot while we watch it, making it very difficult for anyone to watch. Since
this is the only weeding video I have for my son's wedding that has a
sentimental value, I will truly appreciate if anyone kindly can suggest anything to help me resolve the
issue so our family can watch and enjoy it.

Best regards,
Dipen Dutta
ddutta
New User
New User

Re: Shaking of Video

Postby sidd finch » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:03 pm

While not perfect there are some remedy's. What editor are you using for the video?

For example Adobe Premiere Pro has warp stabilizer but you would need to break the video out in small segments as 48 minutes would likely clog the computer. Also system specs are important in that you need a beefy machine to do this.

If you have a list of machine and editor we can try and point you in the right direction.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby RJ Johnston » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:57 pm

Your video of 48 minutes would be a good candidate for Prodad's Mercalli RT (real time) stabilizer. plug-in. You would also need Vegas Pro or Magix Movie Edit Pro Plus, or Edius video editor in order to use the plug-in.

After applying the Mercalli RT stabilizer plug-in to your video, you can make edits and cuts and not need to re-analyze the stabilizer. In fact you don't need to analyze at all, just click the play button. The analysis is in real time. No batch processing required.

The stabilization won't be perfect, but your video should be watchable.

Corel Videostudio video editor comes with a stabilizer that doesn't require pre-analysis, but I was never happy with the results. If I recall correctly, Cyberlink Powerdirector comes with a stabilizer that doesn't require pre-analysis.
Dell XPS 8940 Intel 8-core 10th gen.-i7 10700K (3.8-5.1 GHz); 32GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM; 512 GB SSD; 2 TB 7200 HD; BDRE-drive; NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) RTX 2060 SUPER(TM) 8G8 GDDR6
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:00 am

Mercalli is an excellent solution. Overall the key is the horsepower of your computer and your video editing learning curve.

But, we are here to help :YY:

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Chris B » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:01 am

The free version of Davinci Resolve is free and has a good stabiliser - Again needs a beefy machine and you'll probably want to chunk the video up into sections.
Intel Core i7 8700 - 32GB DDR4 - 500GB Evo 970 SSD - 3+2 TB HDD - GTX 1080- MSI Z370 Pro - Win10 64 bit - Cannon HV30 (PAL) - Sony A6000 - GoPro 3 Black
Chris B

Postby ddutta » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:28 pm

Many thanks for your suggestions regarding my shaky video!
Since I am not a technically sound person for addressing this problem, I will appreciate if someone takes the task for correcting it.
I am willing to pay for the job.
Please advise.
Best regards,
Dipen Dutta
ddutta
New User
New User

Postby Peru » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:32 pm

I moved your unrelated post to a new thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=111&t=16887
Peru