They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Adobe Rush

Other Video editors/authors that assist in video production.

Adobe Rush

Postby sidd finch » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:42 pm

This looks pretty interesting:

Adobe released today its video app: Premiere Rush CC, a single cross-platform app that combines core features of Premiere Pro, After Effects and Audition.

Premiere Rush is Adobe’s first all-in-one, cross-device video editing app. What this means is it’s an application that allows you to work on your projects through multiple devices. So if you start a Rush project on your Mac, you can switch over to your iOS phone and continue to edit the same file. Rush can do this because it automatically syncs all of your projects and edits to the cloud.

In the program, you can edit using customizable motion graphics templates, color and Adobe Sensei-powered Auto-Ducking — each feature being powered by Premiere Pro, After Effects and Audition. Plus, Rush integrates capture, intuitive editing, simplified color, audio, motion graphics and publishing to social media like YouTube, Facebook and Instagram.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Adobe Rush

Postby sidd finch » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:54 pm

After some additional reading of the fine print....

There’s a number of plans that you can opt for. The program is available for $9.99/month to individuals, $19.99/month to teams, and $29.99/month to enterprise customers.

A Starter plan is also available for free. The Starter plan gives you access to all Premiere Rush CC features and the use of desktop and mobile apps. Additionally, you can create an unlimited number of projects and export up to three projects.

I guess after three projects you need to then buy... 10 dollars a month seems a little bit high to me. I could see making the cost $1.99 per export.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:53 am

I tried to download the free version to my PC so I could give it a test drive but, because I have Creative Cloud, it automatically installed the full version.

It's not bad. Sort of iMovie. And not unlike the Quick View workspace in Premiere Elements.

Maybe I haven't dug deep enough but I don't see anything that will revolutionize video editing. CyberLink PowerDirector has a similar phone app that comes free with the desktop version of the program.

Anybody else had a chance to play with it?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:18 pm

The other thing I wonder about is if a smartphone has the processing power to really edit video. Especially if you are editing in 4k or some other high intensity file type.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Bob » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:03 pm

Don't forget, everything syncs to the cloud. So, you do have the option to begin on a phone and finish and export from your desktop. But, I expect the target audience for this app will mainly use their phone.

I would expect that the main issue would be dropouts while scrubbing or previewing in the editor. Even desktops have issues like this with 4K. But, the type of shoot, edit, and post online projects this app targets are typically short and simple. It could be quite usable.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Bob

Postby GerryB » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:49 am

Good morning all,

I downloaded the app to my iPhone 5 (yes, it makes calls, texts and emails!!) and had a play!

I agree with Bob, useful but has limitations.

Would I pay GB£8.99 per month for the app - no.
12x£8.99 = GB£107.88 (per year)
Prem Elem = GB£72.00 (DVD)

Add to that the data upload cost to the cloud.
This is not a cheap 'shoot & go' piece of software.

The one upside I did see was that the app can be included in a family share scheme but I cannot find any details about tat on the Adobe web site.

Would I recommend it as a way of getting someone into video editing - no.

Would I recommend it to someone as a way of making videos for quick upload to social media - no.
There are cheaper/free alternatives out there.

IMHO Adobe are late to the party!

Gerry
GerryB
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Video Editors