They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Fantamorph Deluxe

Other Video editors/authors that assist in video production.

Fantamorph Deluxe

Postby Ron » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:14 pm

Hey guys,

I asked this at the Fantamorph forum, but they don't seem to get much traffic over there.

I'm using the Sequence effects and, among other things, trying to add a simple fade in effect using the Master Curve window. According to their short video tutorial, as you modify the curve line (in my case a fade in and/or out curve), you're supposed to be able to watch the effect in real time via the Preview output. I can't get anything to happen. It's like the Preview window is locked or something. I can scrub the window as the effect window is open, so the focus is there, but I can't get the effect to be applied to the sequence. Was hoping someone has dealt with this feature before.
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fantamorph Deluxe

Postby Bob » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:15 pm

Hi Ron,

I'm at release 5.3.0 and don't seem to have any problems doing that. I can scrub the preview window or play and see the changes.

The description of how it works isn't that clear. Each line (image pair) of the sequence has its own Master Curve. If you want a fade-in at the beginning of the first sequence and a fade-out at the end of the last sequence, you need to set the master curve of the first sequence line to fade-in and the master curve of the last sequence line to fade-out.

The "Auto Play All" feature controls how the preview and curve windows handle sequences. If "Auto Play All" is enabled, scrubbing or playing the preview window will go through each sequence line in turn and the curve window will switch to the curve for that line of the sequence automatically. If "Auto Play All" is disabled, you can only scrub through or play one line of the sequence and you will need to manually select the line to work with.

When I use the Master Curve feature, I like to turn off "Auto Play All" and turn on "Loop". When I hit Play, the selected line will play over and over and I can adjust the curve and see the effect in the preview window as it plays. You can switch to another sequence line as it's playing, you don't have to pause. When I'm done, I'll turn "Auto Play All" back on to preview the entire sequence.
Bob

Postby Ron » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:31 pm

Thanks, Bob! I'll have a another go at it in the AM. I just wonder if I have some setting selected that's preventing the real time preview.
Regards,
-Ron

Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ron » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:57 am

Started working. I happened to reboot my computer last night, so I guess that could have been it. Weird.

Thanks again, Bob!
Regards,
-Ron

Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bob » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:45 pm

You're welcome, Ron. Glad it's working now.
Bob

Return to Video Editors