They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Guidance Video Capture & DVD Authoring

Other Video editors/authors that assist in video production.

Re: Guidance Video Capture & DVD Authoring

Postby Bob » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:13 am

Audio becoming more and more out of sync with the video as length increases is a well known problem when using variable frame rate (VFR) instead of fixed frame rate. If you watch the video Steve posted again, you'll see that he talks about how important it is to select a fixed frame rate and not default to VFR. I suspect those experiencing the sync problem used VFR. Use fixed frame rate and you shouldn't have this problem.

The AVI file you get from capturing with the Canopus/Firewire and windv is fixed rate video too.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Bob

Postby HSA » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:59 pm

Yes, in the applicable dialog in his tutorial, I remember that that was one of the parameters that Steve specifically set. I did not know why, but I heard him clearly. I guess I now have a better understanding of why he did so.

By the way, in a couple of replies to the Amazon customer reviews of the Easy-Link 2.0, the response was that video and audio being out of sync is very common and must be addressed by using a separate component called a Time Based Corrector (TBC), placed in the line of operation of capture from VHS tape to computer. It seems that these machines, i..e, TBCs, can cost anywhere from a few dollars to many hundreds, even thousands, with only the latter types likely to be truly effective. Well, we'll soon find out if I can do without yet-another new box!

Thanks again,

Howard
HSA

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:47 pm

This will not be an issue if you follow the directions in my configuration and usage tutorials.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:42 am

There are a couple of video tutortials on Youtube that cover "re-synchronosation" of audio and video using free software, such as Handbrake or VeeDub64.
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Previous

Return to Video Editors