They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Trouble now with Craft Artist Pro

Talk about anything here.

Trouble now with Craft Artist Pro

Postby Little Nac » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:47 pm

Active x.JPG

Hi Guys.
I bought Craft Artist Pro from Serif a few months back now, and it has been great. I was using IE7 up until a few days ago, then I installed IE9.
Now I find that when I try to go into a "new project" it comes up with the Active X error. I cancel it out and the program seems to work OK.
I contacted their support team, and they told me to reset the default settings in IE, but that didn't work. Also my wife is having problems when she uses it.
She doesn't get the same message as I do, but the program locks up on her and if she goes into PE7 after using Serif, she has problems in PE, which wasn't before
we put IE9 on the computers. If she hasn't been into Serif before going into PE7 it is all fine, it's only after being in Serif and then going into PE7 is when
the problems start. Their support team mentions that Serif uses ActiveX from within IE for some features.
This is what their support team said:

Active X is a function that Internet Explorer uses, and CraftArtist does use Internet Explorer windows within the program for certain functions.
I recommend resetting Internet Explorer back to default settings, which can be done by opening the browser and going to TOOLS > INTERNET OPTIONS.
Once you have done this, close the browser, restart CraftArtist and then try creating a new publication.

The error message I receive is at the top.
Thanks for any advice you can give.
L.N. (Kefford)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you are faced with a forced landing at night, switch on the landing lights, if you don't like what you see, switch them back off.
Little Nac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Water Cooler