They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Corner pin effect issues

Talk about anything here.

Corner pin effect issues

Postby sidd finch » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:32 am

I am using PPro CS3 editing 1080i HDV. I place a title over the clip and use the “corner pin” effect on the title to make the text look like it is a part of the actual clip. I do not use any keyframes. I render the clip and view and everything looks great. When I export to H.264 720p the title with text becomes way out of alignment with the clip. Is there something I can do so this does not change on my outputted clip?

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Corner pin effect issues

Postby momoffduty » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:38 am

Sounds like the same problem with standard video and exporting to a compressed file. That work around was to export that segment as an uncompressed file and use that in your project. I think what happens is that during compression the frames (b & p frames that are drawn) in between the I frames get out of alignment. When it is exported as an uncompressed file it is pixel to pixel I frames for every frame.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby sidd finch » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:37 am

Mother always knows best :)

Thank you Mom

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby momoffduty » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:41 am

sidd finch wrote:Mother always knows best :)

Can I quote you to my 21yo? :)
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby sidd finch » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:44 am

yes unless she gets better at editing videos than you ..... :)

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Bob » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:23 pm

I tried reproducing the problem in PPro CS5 and it worked fine. Don't know if that means they fixed a bug or whether I just didn't match your setup closely enough.

You shouldn't have to export the segment and import it. What happens if you create a new sequence, embed the old sequence in it, and export the new sequence at 720P?
Bob

Postby sidd finch » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:05 pm

I will try that Bob. It does seem like a bug to me. Just for kicks I tried to scale to frame then export but still an issue.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby sidd finch » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:46 pm

just an update Tried the suggestions and looks like Mom came out the winner. I also noticed that by exporting the corner pin shots as Mom suggested then re-importing them also made my final export a whole bunch faster. Not that I like having a work around, I do think this might be a great way to enhance my workflow since the time it takes overall seems to be less.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby momoffduty » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:17 pm

Glad you got it working Sidd and thanks for posting back your findings. This issue has come up a few times with the Basic 3D swivel too.
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby sidd finch » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:29 pm

Mom I find it to be a very odd problem. I am suprised that it has not come up too much before.

Sidd
sidd finch

Return to Water Cooler