They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2019
Not quite sure what our site has to offer?
Check out the
Muvipix Video Tour

Using Adobe Gamma

Talk about anything here.

Using Adobe Gamma

Postby Clayton » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:47 am

I was planning to tweak my monitor and was going to use Adobe Gamma. I know I have used it before but may have been on another machine. I have CS3 creative suite production premium and Adobe Gamma is supposed to be installed with Photosop (I think). Anyway I can't find it anywhere in the system. I looked at my disks also and did not see anything that suggested it was on one of them. Did a search in photoshop help and related software and find nothing. Am I getting old? (well yes I am), but anyone know where it might be located. Or as an alternative, suggest something better. I know this kind of thing has been discussed in the past, but not sure if things may have changed. :-8
Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Using Adobe Gamma

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:59 am

Yes, you are correct. It should install with Photoshop. If it is loaded you should find it in Control Panel. I now use Eye one Display 2.

EDIT: This discussion should help(?)

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/372503

EDIT 2: This may also help, a substitute for Adobe Gamma:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2520992
i7 6700k, Z170-P mobo, Win7 64 bit, 32Gb RAM, Samsung 500GB NVME 970 Evo, SanDisk 240GB SSD, LG BD Burner, Akasa card reader, Samsung Monitor, Sony HVR-A1, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Re: Using Adobe Gamma

Postby Clayton » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:51 am

Thanks for the links John. So it appears it isn't there after all. :( I had The CS version previously and that probably when I used it. #-o I will look at what you suggested and will appreciate any further reccommendations from anyone. :-D
Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Water Cooler