They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

UK Snowfall

Talk about anything here.

UK Snowfall

Postby munickster » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:05 pm

Any first-hand weather reports from our snow-bound friends in the UK? I watched the Liverpool / Chelsea game on Sunday morning, which would have been about 4 PM in the UK. There was a brief period of snow, but apparently the worst of it was in the South East. I hope it clears up for you before too long.

Dick
munickster
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: UK Snowfall

Postby Paul LS » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:39 am

Well, yesterday my daughter was supposed to fly back to University in Italy. The airport is 30 minutes drive from our house, in all it took me 5 hours to do the round trip. Within 5 minutes of me arriving back home she called to say her flight had been eventually cancelled :pull: and could I go pick her up. Luckily the round trip only took 3 hours the second time... so in all 8 hours on the road.

Well, a new day, it is 6:30am here, just setting off again.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:23 am

The residents of Canada, USA, Norway, Sweden, Finland - I could go on - must surely laugh their socks off when the UK gets a few of inches of snow and the whole transport infrastruture collapses. It isn't as though winter sneaks up unexpectedly....more global warming Al?
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:29 am

Well, from what I hear, all of Europe has been having a pretty nasty winter.

It's been a cold one here, but at least it's not been quite as relentlessly snowy as last year. At least not on this side of the Great Lakes. (Though, even as I write this, northern Indiana is under a snow emergency!)
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Greg mgm » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:44 pm

I REALLY feel sorry for those who deal with snow on a daily basis. Having to commute to work and school every day in the white stuff has got to be Un-fun!

Here in Idyllwild we get enough snow to make it a novelty. Being retired gives us the time at home to deal with plowing the driveway and firing up the generator if the power goes out. Not sure how I'll feel about it when I'm older though. :???:

This morning I have to get the plow hooked up since they say snow is coming Friday. Woo Hoo!
Greg mgm
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Water Cooler