They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Itchy Boots

Talk about anything here.

Itchy Boots

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Sun May 28, 2023 10:56 am

This gal really knows how to create video content. This video is just one in a series of many. Once you watch one of her videos you will get hooked. Since her vids are so popular there will be an ad or two.

TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Itchy Boots

Postby Dave McElderry » Sun May 28, 2023 11:58 am

Her actual name is Noralee. She's a geologist by profession who apparently made a good sum of money working around the world and then decided to create an adventure motorcycling YouTube channel and left everything else behind. We've been following her for several years, some of Europe (she's from Norway), Africa, South America, Central America, Mexico, the western U.S, Canada, and Alaska (which her present motorcycle is named for). Now she's back in northern Africa. Her recent trip through the Sahara was just craziness. Of course a lot of things she does on a bike are just nuts as far as I'm concerned. I've never seen anyone, man or woman, willing to tackle the sort of places she goes, and 99% is all alone. But of course that's a good part of the appeal of her channel. I actually posted a link to one of her videos a while back when comparing the quality of her GoPro vids to a problem I was having. She used one mounted to her helmet pointed forward, one on her handlebars pointed back towards her face, and uses a third on a stick to get shots of herself riding. Plus she gets some great drone video in a follow-me mode. I can also highly recommend her channel, whether you're a motorcyclist or not. :TU:
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Mon May 29, 2023 9:53 am

Do they have room for a Lego Vespa... :hyst:

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Wed May 31, 2023 9:14 pm

Dave or Sidd...I use closed captions to view her vids. They are perfect. Spelling is perfect. Exact words that come out of her mouth? I can't believe that she does that herself out there in the desert and jungles. Can't be AI as I have seen AI captions and they are garbage.

How does she do those captions?
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Dave McElderry » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:58 am

TreeTopsRanch wrote:How does she do those captions?

Good question. We don't use the captions and weren't aware that they were so good. Generally, although her accent is a little thick, we don't have problems understanding her. I agree that it's unlikely she types them in herself. From time to time she does put captioned words on the screen to correct or clarify something she's said on a video, but beyond that I couldn't guess. I've never used the captions features of YouTube on my videos and wasn't even aware that you could have control over the wording. I do agree that when you turn CC on while watching a video, it's pretty much useless.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:05 am

YouTube can use speech recognition technology to automatically create captions for your videos. Note: These automatic captions are generated by machine learning algorithms, so the quality of the captions may vary.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:09 pm

Her video captions are perfect so I doubt that speech recognition tech is being used here. If it is then it is pretty good.
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby sidd finch » Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:54 am

Itchy Boots stopped by the ABR Festival 2023 to tell about her process for filming motorcycle videos. Speaking on the masterclass stage Noraly talks about the tips and tricks she uses to create content that gains thousands of views on YouTube.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:28 am

She reported this morning that her fracture is fully healed and she's back in business :TU:

Dave McElderry

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:54 pm

That's good news. Thanks for that update.
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby sidd finch » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:11 am

Yes Good News. I'll be watching for new adventure in India... Go Itchy... lol

Sidd
sidd finch

Return to Water Cooler