They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Image and chat AIs

Talk about anything here.

Image and chat AIs

Postby momoffduty » Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:43 pm

There are several text to image AIs. One is MidJourney that produces an image based on your description. I've seen a few images in my compositing FB group. Pretty impressive.

The conversation AI, ChatGBD can write an original essay. It will write based on the description such as "a 500 word essay based on X book from the perspective of X character". It passes the plagiarism tool that teachers/professors use.

Is art really art if an AI creates? Or a book really a book that AI creates based on your description?
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Re: Image and chat AIs

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:43 pm

Uh oh, Cheryl. This could lead to a deep, philosophical discussion!

Remember back in the 1980s and musicians started using drum machines rather than real drummers? Is it the same discussion? Is it still art if a machine or computer program does all the work?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby momoffduty » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:23 am

Steve, I don't remember the drum controversy. The one that stands out to me is Milli Vanilli lip sync.

The chat ai is in its infancy. In a few years will we get ai call center help? It is already asking simple questions when you call for help. I just keep repeating speak to agent. :mrgreen:
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby ed » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:54 am

We've actually been investigating chatGPD at work, but it doesn't really fit our model without a lot of re-doing effort for what we already have. I had a challenge with a colleague at work recently regarding chatGBD. I had to write up the technical part of a federal RFP. I entered the specifics of the approach in the openAI tool (there's a pretty specific way you have to enter the request) in three requests based on the flow of the text I needed, then asked for it to be consolidated into a single document. I was able to use 75% of the text, just editing to make it specific to the research firm I work for and the federal client, and taking out text that didn't fit. I told my buddy that people are going to lose their jobs over this technology. Luckily we implement the solutions if we win the work, and that hasn't been totally automated yet.

Here's a poem I had generated with it about golf and life. I'm impressed.

golf poem.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby momoffduty » Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:53 pm

Impressive poem ed. Interesting that you tried to integrate in your work. Saw this today on Petapixel about photography and using the AI to generate more photos. I wonder how this will work with model releases?

https://petapixel.com/2022/12/21/photos ... ots-again/
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Return to Water Cooler