They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Gimble shook camera out of focus

Talk about anything here.

Gimble shook camera out of focus

Postby RJ Johnston » Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:37 pm

During balancing my Nikon compact camera on a gimble, the gimble starting vibrating violently. I just knew that the camera was going to have something wrong with it. Sure enough, the camera wouldn't lock focus in wide mode without a lot of trying. Even then, there was a noticeable blur. I went looking for a new compact camera that had a 20x magnification like my old Nikon Coolpix S7000. Unfortunately I didn't find anything I liked except a big step up to a Sony RX20M4 that had 25x optical zoom (600mm in 35mm equivalent). It's been out for a few years now, but I got it anyway. I'm really pleased with the Sony.

I'm a caregiver now, and don't have much time to do what I want.

RJ
Dell XPS 8940 Intel 8-core 10th gen.-i7 10700K (3.8-5.1 GHz); 32GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM; 512 GB SSD; 2 TB 7200 HD; BDRE-drive; NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) RTX 2060 SUPER(TM) 8G8 GDDR6
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Gimble shook camera out of focus

Postby sidd finch » Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:27 pm

Sorry to hear you had issues, That gimbal shake typically happens when the handle is free floating or the camera is so out of balance it does a number on the motors.

Glad you were able to pick up a camera you enjoy. I a a fan of Sony cameras so I hope you get lots of use.

I'm a caregiver now, and don't have much time to do what I want.

Time always the most precious commodity. But caregiving is also important too.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Return to Water Cooler