They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Another Steve Grisetti Project!

Talk about anything here.

Another Steve Grisetti Project!

Postby videovillageidiot » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:09 pm

You all know how much I love the brown bears of Katmai National Park in Alaska. I volunteered there for 4 weeks in 2019 – an experience that still seems like an incredible dream. Covid restrictions didn’t allow for volunteers in 2020 and 2021 but, fortunately, I was able to help remotely with some social media ideas in 2021 and edited the Bear Books (https://www.nps.gov/katm/learn/photosmu ... ebooks.htm) for 2022.

For those who’ve waited years to get there, arrival at Katmai’s Brooks Camp is a truly emotional experience; and it’s just the beginning. But Brooks Camp is a place most people can never travel to due to remoteness and expense so I wanted to create a series of "You are Here" videos to show what it's like to visit and share them with Katmai’s worldwide audience that has come to love the Park - and the bears - through the webcams on explore.org.

Steve and I worked on the arrival video last year. Since I got to Brooks by Park Service boat, I had to rely on a few of the Park’s aerial photos, but the rest are mine. I hope to shoot more, for additional videos I want to make, when I return to Brooks.

Steve did another great job on narration. Enjoy his work, and what is a truly wonderful place.

NOTE: though the video displays the NPS arrowhead logo, this project was not made by the Park and is not affiliated with the Park.
videovillageidiot
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Another Steve Grisetti Project!

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:18 pm

I sure wish I heard my voice like you do. But if you're happy with it, I'm thrilled to be a part of so many great videos!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby momoffduty » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:08 am

Great job Sharon! I like the pace of the video and the soundtrack was perfect. Steve's narration adds to the video edit. Cool adventure! Are you planning on volunteering again?
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby ed » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:47 am

Very well done. Sounds like a wonderful experience.
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:53 am

Sharon well done. And, interesting to watch. I am a huge fan of the "voice" so always glad to watch and hear these collaborations. Now I better look for something to record that is worthy of the Grisetti pipes :ha:

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:53 am

Very good. More please!
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Dave McElderry » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:06 am

What a gorgeous place, and a very nicely done video. :TU:
It's obvious why people want to visit Alaska. Right now I'm following two different adventurers on YouTube as they make their way there. Looking forward to their own records of their visits.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby videovillageidiot » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:45 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:I sure wish I heard my voice like you do. But if you're happy with it, I'm thrilled to be a part of so many great videos!

Steve, you just do such a nice job!! The sound of your voice and the emotion you put into the words. You give projects meaning. THANK YOU for that!!
videovillageidiot
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby videovillageidiot » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:08 pm

momoffduty wrote:Great job Sharon! I like the pace of the video and the soundtrack was perfect. Steve's narration adds to the video edit. Cool adventure! Are you planning on volunteering again?

Thanks Mom!! So many people want to visit and it's impossible logistically. Four weeks of volunteering was one of the most incredible things I've ever done and I want to share that place in a way that makes others really feel what it's like. I loved the last moments...Bear 171 nursing her 2 spring cubs on the beach - the perfect welcome to Brooks Camp! Steve expresses the words so well. It really came together with his help!

I can't WAIT to get back! Hoping soon. As a volunteer I spent most of my time interacting with visitors - which was great - but it didn't give me much time to shoot pics and video. Still, it was an amazing experience introducing people to the wonders of Brooks Camp and helping them understand the bears. I didn't get the shot, but I like to think I helped others get the shot! :)

BTW, Bearcams went live this morning. Your grandkids might find it interesting. www.explore.org/bears Watch the bears as they first return to Brooks, then watch them fatten up all summer. In the fall comes Fat Bear Week...I'm serious; it's a real thing - BBC and the New York Times can't get enough of it!

Glad you enjoyed it!
videovillageidiot
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby videovillageidiot » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:22 pm

ed wrote:Very well done. Sounds like a wonderful experience.

Thanks Ed! Most people can't picture me walking near very large bears (NEAR defined as no closer than 50 yards, per Park regulations; but it's amazing how close that feels, especially when one of them darts out from the trees right in front of me...keep repeating to myself, 'Don't turn and run; don't turn and run').
videovillageidiot
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby videovillageidiot » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:26 pm

sidd finch wrote:Sharon well done. And, interesting to watch. I am a huge fan of the "voice" so always glad to watch and hear these collaborations. Now I better look for something to record that is worthy of the Grisetti pipes :ha:

Sidd

Thanks Sidd! I'm looking forward to your next collaboration. Your videos and the Grisetti pipes are always a great combination!
videovillageidiot
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby videovillageidiot » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:02 pm

TreeTopsRanch wrote:Very good. More please!

Thanks! I do want to do an entire series and have pitched the idea to my contact at the Park. Unfortunately, much of the staff is seasonal so a project like this is hard to pull off. - but I'd be happy to provide pics and video for the project if I go up again! Or maybe Steve and I will just do another collaboration!
videovillageidiot
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby videovillageidiot » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:19 pm

Dave McElderry wrote:What a gorgeous place, and a very nicely done video. :TU:
It's obvious why people want to visit Alaska. Right now I'm following two different adventurers on YouTube as they make their way there. Looking forward to their own records of their visits.

Thanks Dave! There are so many things to appreciate at Katmai... How about Brooks Camp for a Muvipix Meetup next year?!
videovillageidiot
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Dave McElderry » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:34 am

videovillageidiot wrote:Thanks Dave! There are so many things to appreciate at Katmai... How about Brooks Camp for a Muvipix Meetup next year?!

If only I could...
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:27 pm

When you need a Steve for the job you pick a Steve for the job...... lol

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Next

Return to Water Cooler