They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Down Memory Lane

Talk about anything here.

Down Memory Lane

Postby momoffduty » Fri May 27, 2022 7:24 pm

Made a Flat Lay of my husband's memories. I told him I was making one and he asked what items I would use. I replied that I would use things from his scrap book. He forgot he had a scrap book! We dug out a few other items. I made this for a photo challenge on a photography site.

Memories Flat Lay by Cheryl, on Flickr

Here is one I made for myself a few years ago:

Childhood by Cheryl, on Flickr

For Video, I think these type of photos would be good for a video title. You could also animate the pieces.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Re: Down Memory Lane

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri May 27, 2022 8:24 pm

These are great, Cheryl!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Dave McElderry » Sat May 28, 2022 4:01 am

Those are neat Cheryl! I think I prefer the lighting on the second one (yours). It gives more 3-D effect. Do you remember how you did it, and what made the difference?
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby momoffduty » Sat May 28, 2022 7:56 am

Thanks Steve, love making these.

Dave, I agree the first is flatter light. Both used the same lens, but different cameras. It was an overcast day for his photo. I used 2 continuous lights cross to evenly light. That produces more flat light and I did boost the contrast. His objects were mostly flat paper. For mine I used natural day light. My objects were larger in height which gave more shadows and definition.

This third one I made of my MIL's items. Not really a Flat Lay, but a nice way to present mementos.

End of an Era by Cheryl, on Flickr

For my MIL's I used natural light. Items shot on her 1940's side table. I moved the table around to find the angle of light.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby videovillageidiot » Sat May 28, 2022 8:51 am

Love these! I like how the white glove stands out against the dark background and the frame. I like the lighting in yours, and I like how many of the objects in your husband's seem to relate to each other.

Very nice job Cheryl - you are always creative!
videovillageidiot
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby sidd finch » Sat May 28, 2022 11:50 am

Mom those look really well done I also prefer the 2nd on due to lighting. I spent hours and hours playing with those little green army men. We had many adventures defeating the imaginary enemy.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby momoffduty » Sat May 28, 2022 6:48 pm

Thanks Sharon, Village, I wish I had more dimensional items for my husband's. Funny how he forgot he had a scrapbook. That thing has been on a top closet shelf for 20 years. Last time it saw the light of day was when we moved.

Thanks Sidd, husband said he spent hours with his little green men too. There is a box of maybe 100. Lots of horses, tents, and cannons. I used his green men in another photo project with an old Brownie video camera.
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby ed » Sun May 29, 2022 10:28 am

These are wonderful mom, you have a keen eye for design. I had a lot of those army men as a kid. I used to set up battles on a steep hill that ran down to the rail road track, and shoot them with my BB gun and sometimes ‘borrow’ black powder from my Dad’s stash and have explosions. When my son was about 8 we were visiting my parents and we walked to that hill, and I found two army men buried in the dirt. They’re in my office now.
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby videovillageidiot » Sun May 29, 2022 11:49 am

We were all girls in my family so we didn’t have the little guys – except one year cereal boxes came with plastic football players! Not 3-dimensional, but a little more intricate - one could pass a tiny football; the other could kick. A rubber band on the back side operated the passing arm or kicking leg. Fun!!

http://postcerealfootball.com/assets/pa ... _small.jpg
http://postcerealfootball.com/assets/ki ... _small.jpg
videovillageidiot
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Sun May 29, 2022 7:42 pm

Thanks Ed, designing MIL's took me the longest to get the right balance. My husband did the same with his little green men as you did as a child. I think he used fire crackers. Cool that you found 2 of yours after all the years.

Sharon, I don't remember the Post Cereal figures. I had a bunch of trolls from the bubble gum machines. I made houses out of shoe boxes and decorated.
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Return to Water Cooler