They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Jacaranda

Talk about anything here.

Jacaranda

Postby sidd finch » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:16 pm

These Jacaranda trees are really quite pretty and are seen in a lot of areas. Originally from South America they produce a massive amount of flowers and grow to be pretty tall.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Jacaranda

Postby Peru » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:31 am

The people seen walking by nicely show how large those trees are.
Peru

Postby Dave McElderry » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:06 am

True colors. What a gorgeous tree. I don't think I've ever seen one. Nice job on choosing different shots and angles for your video. I enjoy seeing someone take a subject like that and get it from many viewpoints. ::CLAP:
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby Bob » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:55 pm

Jacarandas are very plentiful in Southern California where I'm located. I like them a lot. They are very beautiful, but there's a dark side: those dropping flowers are a real mess. They can form a thick slippery mat conducive to falls and they seem to attract bees which increases the chance of young children and pets getting stung if they disturb the bees while walking through the fallen flowers. The trees are also prone to aphid infestations. You definitely don't want to park your car under one. Jacarandaa are most enjoyable when they're in someone else's yard. ;)
Bob

Postby sidd finch » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:54 pm

The people seen walking by nicely show how large those trees are.

Yes they can get quite big. but as you drive around there are these big spots of purple that look really cool.

Nice job on choosing different shots and angles for your video. I enjoy seeing someone take a subject like that and get it from many viewpoints.

Thanks Dave. I was trying to capture the larger sense of the tree. I may try to do a part 2 with my drone flying around it. These are the times I wish I had a small FPV drone to try and fly around in the branches.

but there's a dark side: those dropping flowers are a real mess. They can form a thick slippery mat conducive to falls and they seem to attract bees which increases the chance of young children and pets getting stung if they disturb the bees while walking through the fallen flowers. The trees are also prone to aphid infestations. You definitely don't want to park your car under one. Jacaranda are most enjoyable when they're in someone else's yard.

Bob that is so true. I was out walking the other day and in passing one of the trees the sidewalk looked like it snowed purple. They do make a huge mess and agreed on parking a car under one of them. They are also pretty active in seeking out water so you have to be careful not to plant them close to water or drain pipes too.

As far as Aphids go that might make a cool movie to purchase a bunch of ladybugs and let them go to town on the aphid tree. The color of purple and red would be interesting.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby ed » Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:15 pm

This tree has a very interesting shape. I do like the color of the flowers a lot.
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:47 pm

Even though the do create a messy ground I really like the. I am going to try to get some drone footage of the tree and incorporate it in the video.

Sidd
sidd finch

Return to Water Cooler