They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Food Showcase

Talk about anything here.

Re: Food Showcase

Postby ed » Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:14 am

Fresh pasta means you love her!

Here's my chili from last night's Super Bowl, paying the price this morning.

IMG_0569.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:28 am

:YY: :YY: :YY: :YY:
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:18 am

The bean dip was a success and quite tasty too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby ed » Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:40 am

That looks really good Sidd, and healthier then my dish. It was an entertaining game.
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Dave McElderry » Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:43 am

ed wrote:Here's my chili from last night's Super Bowl, paying the price this morning.

Two thumbs up! :TU:
Very nice presentation, and I'm sure it was delicious. Paying the price the next day means you did something right. :-D
Nice job!
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby Dave McElderry » Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:48 am

sidd finch wrote:The bean dip was a success and quite tasty too.

Mmmmm...that looks tasty! Lots of cilantro. I love cilantro. Thanks for the pic. It was a good game, even if the Bengals didn't win. But truthfully, it would have felt a little "tarnished" if the Bengals had won, but by only one TD after the face mask incident. In all fairness it just didn't seem right. Congrats to the Rams.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:52 am

Here's my chili from last night's Super Bowl, paying the price this morning.

ed I hope your wife was able to get the room fan on it time... :hyst:

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Peru » Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:27 pm

Dave McElderry wrote:. But truthfully, it would have felt a little "tarnished" if the Bengals had won, but by only one TD after the face mask incident.

I wasn't rooting for either team until then. I had to root for the Rams.
Maybe some day they will again allow the red flag to be used for penalty (or when there should have been a penalty called) calls, like they did for pass interference.
Peru

Postby Dave McElderry » Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:46 pm

Peru wrote:I wasn't rooting for either team until then. I had to root for the Rams.
Maybe some day they will again allow the red flag to be used for penalty (or when there should have been a penalty called) calls, like they did for pass interference.

That could be a good thing. Some people seem to think that it's okay for their team to win at any cost, but I think games need to be played by the rules and players should abide by them whether they think they'll get caught or not. A template for life, too.

Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:20 am

For me it was kind of fun not having a vested interest in who won. There were some great points to be made for each team on why they should win. I am sure there is a lot of plays that things go on that you don't see and each team gets away with stuff. From a playing perspective it was kind of nice to just have the game flow and not be so bogged down. The commercials we just ok to me. Now with everything streaming we do not see many commercials which is not a bad thing. And no commercial really stood out like a Terry Tate "Office Linebacker" commercial did... :TU:

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Peru » Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:54 pm

sidd finch wrote:And no commercial really stood out like a Terry Tate "Office Linebacker" commercial did... :TU:
Sidd

Yes, the hype about the commercials really spoils the effect of a good commercial because we now expect them all to be super entertaining and super humorous.
Peru

Postby ed » Mon May 02, 2022 11:09 am

It was a rainy stormy afternoon yesterday, so I put music on the stereo, mixed a drink, and made pasta sauce! I don't really have a recipe, I've been making this for 40 years and just go with it. Must have ripe plum tomatoes and a food mill though. Takes me about four hours because I cook it on low for just about every step.

Post a video or photo of something cool your cooking.

ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Dave McElderry » Mon May 02, 2022 11:34 am

Looks delish! At the end I wanted to grab a fork and dig in. I really like the way you presented the ingredients and progress without showing us the actual process. What if one put everything in a food processor instead of using the mill? Would that work as well?

Dave McElderry

Postby ed » Mon May 02, 2022 12:16 pm

What if one put everything in a food processor instead of using the mill? Would that work as well?

Not for this sauce Dave. The food mill allows me to rough cut the ingredients, without taking the skin and seeds out of the tomatoes and finely chopping the other ingredients. It pulls out the liquids and leaves the roughege behind, while still leaving the flavors in place. It wouldn't be the same.

Now if you want to make a filetto sauce that may work, but you don't really need to do that because you would usually use canned crushed tomatoes and finely chop the other ingredients.
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Dave McElderry » Mon May 02, 2022 1:58 pm

Thanks Ed!

Dave McElderry

PreviousNext

Return to Water Cooler