They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Food Showcase

Talk about anything here.

Re: Food Showcase

Postby sidd finch » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:58 pm

Ok Ed a bit old but still a good one. Making Plum Jam

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:19 am

Wow! That's great, Sidd! I especially like the stuff shut from the point of view of the pan!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby ed » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:10 am

I love the music! That genre is what I play every day.

Are the plums from your garden? Did you seal the jars by boiling after filling them?

I usually make Jalapeño jelly every year, but we didn't do the garden this year. I like to use it as a rub on chicken or pork.
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:16 am

I especially like the stuff shut from the point of view of the pan!

Thanks Steve, those little GoPros can go everywhere... :-5

Are the plums from your garden? Did you seal the jars by boiling after filling them?

After many years of faithful service and outstanding plum jam we had to cut down the plum tree in our backyard. We made cases of the jam and gave it out as gifts to folks. We do not boil the jars afterward but the never have a problem sealing. The Jalapeño jelly sounds interesting. We grow red chili peppers in our backyard so it might be interesting to makes some. We just finished our mega batch or apricot jam about 6 cases of jam.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:27 am

You actually placed your GoPro in the bottom of your cooking pan? I'll make sure to check my next jar of jam then. A GoPro would be much better prize than those plastic rings they stick in the Cracker Jacks boxes.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Dave McElderry » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:44 am

Steve Grisetti wrote:You actually placed your GoPro in the bottom of your cooking pan? I'll make sure to check my next jar of jam then. A GoPro would be much better prize than those plastic rings they stick in the Cracker Jacks boxes.

:CS:
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby Dave McElderry » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:51 am

Nice, Sidd! A lot more work than it looks in the video, I'm sure. I agree with Steve - the submerged GoPro was a nice touch. I haven't had the guts to try out the waterproof feature yet. :)
:TU:

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:03 pm

[/quote]ally placed your GoPro in the bottom of your cooking pan? I'll make sure to check my next jar of jam then. [/quote]

Steve you never know what might come your way... :)

Nice, Sidd! A lot more work than it looks in the video, I'm sure. I agree with Steve - the submerged GoPro was a nice touch. I haven't had the guts to try out the waterproof feature yet.

Yeah making jam does require a lot of attention. I would really recommend you try out underwater it provides an interesting look at what's in the water. I would recommend that if you do decide to put in a lake or a river makes sure you bring a bottle of water and a soft cloth so when you take it out of the water you can rinse and dry.

This is one I did at a local fish pond a while back:

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:25 pm

sidd finch wrote:This is one I did at a local fish pond a while back:

That is pretty cool. I think the yellow one toward the end was trying to decide if the GoPro was friend, foe, or food. :-D
Maybe one of these days...

Dave McElderry

Postby ed » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:09 pm

My Grandson spent last weekend with us. He has a very limited type a of food he will eat, and hot dogs are one of them. I brought out my deep fryer and made him corn dogs.

Since the deep fryer was out I decided to make fried oysters for dinner. When we had these as a kid we had them with a horseradish sauce (horseradish, mayonnaise, mustard, Old Bay, and hot sauce) because my dad loved horseradish on everything. I was lazy and just went with hot sauce.

Post something cool that you cook!

ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:50 am

Very nice, ed! Definitely got my mouth watering.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Dave McElderry » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:37 am

Looks delish! I've never been much for oysters but I'd try those. :TU:

Dave McElderry

Postby ed » Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:17 pm

Oysters are a thing around here. The season really doesn't start until the Fall. The best cooking experience I've had with oysters is from my early 20's. My friends and I fished all summer and early fall and froze everything we caught. We had a huge fish fry party and also bought a bunch of oysters in the shell. We dug a pit in the yard and built a fire in the pit. When it was reduced to hot coals we put a sheet of thick metal, like is used for temporary road repair (don't ask how we got it) over the pit. When it got hot we put the oysters on the sheet and pulled them off and ate them when the shells opened. That was a fun day.
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:51 pm

Those look really good Ed. I looked at the pictures and in my head I said order for 2 please.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby sidd finch » Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:18 pm

A little late in posting but I thought I would share the delicious feed we enjoyed this past thanksgiving.

Sidd
sidd finch

PreviousNext

Return to Water Cooler