They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Fancy a Cuppa

Talk about anything here.

Re: Fancy a Cuppa

Postby ed » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:59 am

When I was a few years out of university I worked for an organization that had dealings with the embassies in DC. One of the embassies I was assign was the Turkish embassy. On my first visit I met with their 'chief of staff', and an aid brought out coffee. It was in a very small cup, and was thick. About half of the cup was filled with a sludge of grinds I guess. It was strong but had a nice flavor. Not something I would have a lot, but maybe as an after dinner drink.
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:12 am

ed wrote:The B&B looks really nice Chuck. Reasonably priced too.

Thanks Ed, they love it. I have yet to visit since they made the purchase but hoping to get there this year sometime.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby momoffduty » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:25 am

The Turkish coffee I was given came in packets for one pot. Start with cold water and slowly heat up stirring continuously until hot and frothy. The coffee was finely ground and looked liked the instant Internal Coffee minus the sugar.

John, that is a good way of describing Turkish coffee. Like a dessert.

Ed, yes there is some sledge left in the small cup.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby sidd finch » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:48 pm

On a trip to the Middle East we had lots and lots of Turkish Coffee. It was a welcoming part of their hospitality. And after 3 or 4 a day that really packed a punch. And it is disrespectful to not have it when offered. Also when the visit is over the guest will ask for a cup of coffee. Have a coffee then takeoff. I had more caffeine then I ever experienced...

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby momoffduty » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:19 pm

Sidd, I prefer Turkish tea over the coffee. Add in some Turkish delights too.

Turkish Tea & Delights by Cheryl, on Flickr
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby sidd finch » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:14 pm

Mom I agree the Turkish tea is really good. Not sure if I have had the Turkish delights but I do really like when they use rosewater as the flavor.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Previous

Return to Water Cooler