They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Analog Photography

Talk about anything here.

Re: Analog Photography

Postby sidd finch » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:49 am

Ed, you could always add the original GoPro to your collection. It was a film camera...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48I7avgMcU0&t=226s

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:05 pm

What??!! I never knew that!!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby ed » Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:49 pm

I am tempted Sidd, only ~$40 on eBay for an un-opened one! I would get it just for the people's stares while walking around and using it.
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby ed » Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:12 pm

Some random shots from a roll of film I developed a couple of weeks ago. Shot with a Canon Sure Shot Zoom S camera and Ilford HP5+ film. I very seldom fix them up in Photoshop because I'm looking for that authentic old film camera experience.

ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby ed » Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:45 pm

I've been shooting a bit of film lately. I used my canon Rebel G and Iford HP5+ film (24 frame roll) for these.

This is Aspin Hill Memorial Park, which is a pet cemetery located in Silver Spring Maryland and established in the 1920's. There are also some people interned here as well. J. Edgar Hoover's dog is resting here, as well as other notable dogs. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspin_Hill_Memorial_Park

ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:07 pm

Ed those are some great shots. DO they keep the Dog area separate from the Cat area so they don't fight? :hyst:

Some trivia: Ancient Cat mummies were so plentiful in Egypt that, in the 1800s, an English company bought a load of 180,000, shipped them to England, pulverized them,and spread them on farm fields as fertilizer. Some animals were bred on an industrial scale.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby ed » Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:53 am

Sidd, you know the lion will lie down with the lamb :)

I had read about the cat mummies, that bothers me on multiple levels.
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Dave McElderry » Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:56 pm

That was good, Ed. I must have gotten some dust in my eyes while watching your video. Pet owners understand.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby ed » Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:06 pm

I know what you mean Dave, but I find it inspirational to walk through the grounds; that people cared about their pets that much. We have a pet memorial in a corner of our yard where are friends are laid to rest. Mrs. Ed planted nice plants and flowers, and we have various small dog and cat statues amongst the plants.
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:52 pm

I find it inspirational to walk through the grounds; that people cared about their pets that much.

Interesting comment. We have some very old cemetery's in the area as well as Golden Gate National Cemetery. There are some very interesting locations to film but I just feel that it would be disrespectful so I never have.

We also have the town of Colma, known worldwide as the "City Of Souls," is the smallest city in San Mateo County with over 1,509 residents and 1.5 million "souls."

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby ed » Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:18 am

I think it's a little different for pets Sidd. But I will say I like walking through Arlington Cemetery, although I would never take photos or video there.
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:02 pm

Agreed pet cemetery's are different. I have to say it creeps me out even when the movies film in a cemetery. It just feels like it is wrong.

SIdd

P.S. No I am not afraid of the dark. :hyst:
sidd finch

Postby RJ Johnston » Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:49 pm

You don't take videos or pictures in cemeteries because you are afraid you'll see ghosts later when you develop the film or play back the video.
Dell XPS 8940 Intel 8-core 10th gen.-i7 10700K (3.8-5.1 GHz); 32GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM; 512 GB SSD; 2 TB 7200 HD; BDRE-drive; NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) RTX 2060 SUPER(TM) 8G8 GDDR6
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:30 am

You don't take videos or pictures in cemeteries because you are afraid you'll see ghosts later when you develop the film or play back the video.

No Robert not that. Not sure I believe in that stuff anyway. More of a respect for the deceased. Not sure the big upstairs would appreciate a maroon like me trapesing around with a video camera.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:08 pm

We could probably get real philosophical about this. I'll add my two cents worth. I respect that cemeteries are the final resting place of the remains, but that's all they are - just what's left of the physical body. I believe the person has moved on, and I don't find much to get sentimental (for lack of a better word) about in cemeteries. The same for pets. I've had pets since I was a child and some that I've loved dearly, but once they're gone what remains means very little to me. Cemeteries (both human and pet) are interesting for the history and remembrances that exist there, and I've seen a lot of videos that people have made that really did tell stories worth telling. I personally don't find anything disrespectful in doing video in those places.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

PreviousNext

Return to Water Cooler