They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Five Wounds

Talk about anything here.

Five Wounds

Postby sidd finch » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:57 pm

Built in 1916 Five Wounds Church was built from the Pavilion of Portugal that had been built for San Francisco's Panama Pacific Exposition of 1915. The wood was purchased for the grand sum of $200. Volunteers dismantled the building in two weeks. The structural wood, stained glass windows and other decorative items were used in the construction of Five Wounds Church.

This was going to be a drone project but with Mass going on when I arrived I wanted to be respectful. I might have to try again when there is no Mass.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Five Wounds

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:15 am

Thank you Sidd, another great Church video.
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby sidd finch » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:19 am

Thank you Treetops appreciated.

sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:20 am

Drone or no drone, I enjoyed this. There are so many beautiful churches and cathedrals, and it's great to see them showcased like this. Sweet. Thanks Sidd! ::CLAP:
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:48 pm

Thanks Dave, I really like the uniqueness of the buildings and how ornamented it was on the inside. It must have taken a lot of craftsmanship to create this building. I will not abandon the secular buildings.... lol

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby BuddyB » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:36 am

Absolute one of the most articulosly beautiful structures, and it's holding up..WOW!
"Wichitaito-Everything is Everything"
ASUS M4A88T-M mb-AthlonII X 3 455 1.5 Cache-8GB DDR3-1600-PC3-12800(2X4GB Dual Channel)-1TB SATA3 6gb/sec 7200rpm(64MB Cache) Win10 64Bit-Sony Movie Studio Suite 13-XaraX photo/Art/Web Adobe Cloud.
BuddyB
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:17 pm

I happen to be watching the local news last night and they did a piece on the Five Wounds Church that I filmed and was not able to film with my drone. But they were able to get some really nice shots with their own drone.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:08 am

I think that I posted this some years ago. It follows the theme of taking "the Church" to the parish in similar fashion to Sidd's post about the Five Wounds Church.

Whilst I was living in Sicily, and driving home at 22.45 I was stopped by the police in Carini town centre as a religious procession was about to pass immediately in front of me. Being totally unprepared camera-wise, as usual, I took this video on my Samsung S4 mobile. Notice the two/three year old little boy being carried on the platform.

I also noticed on the video clip in Sidd's post the bonnet of a blue E-Type Jaguar, the car that Enzo Ferrari once descibed as 'the most beautiful car in the world'). Wish I had one... :mrgreen:

E Type.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby sidd finch » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:16 am

Ahh I remember that procession you posted.

I also noticed on the video clip in Sidd's post the bonnet of a blue E-Type Jaguar, the car that Enzo Ferrari once described as 'the most beautiful car in the world')

I was trying really hard to keep my work car out of the shot..... lol

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:11 pm

sidd finch wrote:I happen to be watching the local news last night and they did a piece on the Five Wounds Church that I filmed and was not able to film with my drone. But they were able to get some really nice shots with their own drone.

There are tons of churches that have taken their services online, or made them also available online, over the past months, but this takes it to a new level. Those were some nice drone shots, especially the one with the dark clouds background and the sun shining on the church.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:51 pm

I think it is really cool that these kind of things become a reality especially for older folks who really need to stay home to be safe

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:54 pm

sidd finch wrote:I think it is really cool that these kind of things become a reality especially for older folks who really need to stay home to be safe

I resemble that remark.

Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:12 am

Dave, while others horde toilet paper, I am thinking ahead and hoarding tennis balls for operation tennis ball & walker.... :CS:

Sidd
sidd finch

Return to Water Cooler