They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Looking for old tut on 'Easy Ease'

Talk about anything here.

Looking for old tut on 'Easy Ease'

Postby Paz_Pazzaz » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:20 pm

I think the tutorial was on Creative Cow,and I think Bob posted a link to it here, but I can't find it there. Or here.

I've been looking at Easy Ease tuts for Resolve but they seem to be focused on zooming in or out in the footage and either speeding up or slowing down how fast that zoom happens.

What I want to do is ease from a slightly different size image of a squirrel to a larger image of same animal, cutting out the 'out of focus' footage in the middle, without it being jarring. I have lots of these. When my camera loses focus I have to leave the subject and focus on something that is more or less in the same plane as my subject, then get back to the subject. My camera likes leaves and twigs in the background more than it likes my subject, it seems. Especially when I'm really zoomed in.

I remember another tutorial, an interview of a man who was in an office, discussing airplanes, and how airports work, I think. In that one, the example removed a bit where either his head was out of focus, or they cut some of the conversation and wanted to ease back into the scene and make it flow as smoothly as possible.

Not sure which software was being discussed in either of the examples I remember. Probably Adobe After Effects, maybe Premiere Pro. I've skimmed over the titles of the posts in both forums but not found it. If anyone's memory is better than mine...

thanks!

Paz
Whatever you do, don't set your coffee cup adjacent to your turps cup. :CS:
Paz_Pazzaz
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Return to Water Cooler